PDA

View Full Version : Raptor needs are help

03-27-2002, 04:30 PM
My friend has a 01 raptor and the starter stated to make a cunling sould ( Like the teeth were broken) or didn't engage and freewheeled. Then it wouldn't start at all now. He try to pop start and it would kinda run but made a awful clunk.
I've heard of this on othere forums. They say is the oneway clutch bearing. Does anybody know of this problem and help me. Like how hard is it to fix. Do I have to split the case or just take off the side case. How much are the parts. What are the parts do I need.
He may ride a raptor but he my riding partner and he tows my quad around so if he don't ride I don't ride.
:devil

ExVillin400
03-27-2002, 05:40 PM
take a big screw driver and tap the starter hard usally that does it.

03-28-2002, 11:46 AM
Go over to bluetraxx and read up there or ask....I know there's a post goin on regarding the 01 raptor and all the things that are wrong with them,,and the problems people are having,,you'll probably find what your lookin for there...:D

raptorman01
03-29-2002, 09:12 PM
yeah your right its the one way clutch assymbley. if im not mistakin its about $200 for the one way. ive never changed it so im not sure how hard it is or long it takes but mines not far from it ill be getting one soon.

400exRacerX
03-29-2002, 10:01 PM
Live EXvillin said, take a hammer or screwdriver and crack it a shot and it should free the binded wiring up.

Guy400
03-30-2002, 04:51 AM
No, it's the sprag in the starter that's bad (the one way clutch). It wasn't an early problem with the Raptor but then about 2 months a large number of people have started to experience this problem. I know there's several threads over at Bluetraxx about this. It is roughly a $200 job and isn't that difficult.