PDA

View Full Version : What is the deal with Banshee chain guides?

Mikey
06-30-2004, 12:14 PM
What are the advantages to running one? Why do most aftermarket swingers have them? Can you run a skid plate and the guide at the same time? What does it look like?

cdalejef
06-30-2004, 12:51 PM
The advantage is it keeps your chain from derailing. There are a couple skids that will work with them but not sure which ones. Its just a white piece of plastic that hangs off the swingarm kind of like a dirtbike.

TC426EX
06-30-2004, 05:08 PM
Yeah, your swingarm has to have a mount for it, so I dont think you can run a chain guide on stock... Aftermarket companies build a mount for a Banshee chain guide on the side of the swingarm that the slider mounts to. TM Designworks are the most used ones and seem to be the most reliable. As far as using a slider and skid at the same time, I have never seen that... Most skids have a strip of teflon or plastic that the chain slides on anyway...

Mikey
06-30-2004, 06:11 PM
I bought a Laeger's from Muff. It has the mount on it. If you can't run a skid with it why have both the skid mounts and the chain guide mount? Is the chain guide a sand thing?

TC426EX
06-30-2004, 07:05 PM
NO it is for MX where you usually dont run a swingarm skidplate...

cals400ex
06-30-2004, 08:01 PM
mikey, you have the choice. you can either run the skid plate or the banshee chain guide. you do not run both though.

pteknique
06-30-2004, 08:25 PM
Ummm Well I have a Lonestar +1 3/4 over with a Banshee guide and I run a DG skid plate just fine. I have never had any trouble with doing so. But, on my DG skid it doesn't have a teflon rail. Maybe that's why? Just thought I'd place my 2 cent worth.

cals400ex
06-30-2004, 08:50 PM
i believe the banshee chain guide replaces the rubber guide on the slide plate. well, i have never seen anyone run both the banshee chain guide and the skid with the guide on it. who knows.