PDA

View Full Version : works shocks for a 300ex

quadperson
03-27-2002, 03:39 PM
I have a 2002 300ex that is basically stock except for some cosmetic changes. I like to jump alot and I'm worried about the stock suspension. If I get Works AT Steelers, do they increase the travel? Also, I am a big fella (250lbs.) does Works make springs that heavy? I'm kinda new to the sport and would greatly appreciate any help. Also, money is a consideration, so Works are about the cheapest, right?

quadperson
03-28-2002, 08:49 PM
really guys, a short answer would be appreciated

cdalejef
03-28-2002, 09:00 PM
Ya, the Works will be much better than the stockers. Thet won't really give you any more travel but they will be able to handle more abuse and your weight better than the stockers. They do have the springs to handle your weight.

ATVer14
03-29-2002, 08:26 AM
Actually, they do increase travel, Works sets up their shocks so that the A-arms can travel their full amount, not like the stock shocks which bottom out way before the A-arms have reached their travel limits. My friend has some on his Blaster, and he gained a couple of inches of travel with the shocks. I'm looking to get some for my 300 too, and I'm planning on going with the Works dual rates w/out rezzies because they will still perform much better than stock shocks and they don't cost all that much compaired to a high-end shock.

03-29-2002, 09:31 AM
Works shocks are a big difference over stockers for me. I'm a 215 pound rider, no problems with the Works. I broke one of the stock shocks while jumping. Decided to go aftermarket. Wow, what a difference.:D

If I remember right, the Works shocks did add some more travel than the stockers. It has been several years now, no problems yet! Good luck!!

ryewith
03-29-2002, 10:01 AM
I have Works dual rate (no rez) on my 250x. HUGE difference in handling bumps and landings. Best mod so far.

03-30-2002, 02:56 PM
They should increase the travel and handle alot more abuse.In another words you will see a pretty good difference.