PDA

View Full Version : removing a arms

TRX_Thumper
03-27-2002, 03:29 PM
Just wondering how do you guys go about removin the a arms from the spindle? I have took a punch an beat an beat on mine and it wont budge. Where can i get a ball joint puller at?

tprender
03-27-2002, 05:39 PM
I used to try all the fancy stuff and then a friend showed me the trick with the hammer. Hit the are that the ball joint goes though a few times real hard. Don't hit the ball joint are you might mess up the threads if it is still any good. the area that I am talking about is the hole after the ball joint is removed. This is one of those times when a big hammer is needed. I hope that I discribed where to hit good enough.

03-27-2002, 06:02 PM
I leave the shock mounted on the a-arm, then remove the ball joint nut, replace the nut upside down until just about flush with the ball joint bolt, then I hit that nut with a hammer. Works for me. Good luck.

ChadEXer
03-28-2002, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Ex'rMarlin
I leave the shock mounted on the a-arm, then remove the ball joint nut, replace the nut upside down until just about flush with the ball joint bolt, then I hit that nut with a hammer. Works for me. Good luck.
This is exactly what i done to mine. it worked for me too!! Excpet I had already taken the shock off

Bspring
03-28-2002, 12:20 PM
I have damaged the threads and the nut in the past by turning it upside down and using a hammer. I have found the best way is to turn both nuts upside down and put a short bolt with a nut on it in between the upper and lower ball joints and simply back the nut off. One of the ball joints will have to pop out. Once one is out use a punch or air hammer through the hole of the spindle to drive the other out.