PDA

View Full Version : Riding boot question

SoonerYFZ
06-29-2004, 01:28 PM
I'd like to get other people's opinions on this question about riding boots... when you have had your boots long enough that the soles are pretty chewed up from the pegs, have you just bought new boots or do most people just re-sole their existing boots.

I've only ever had one pair and its time I got a new pair of boots... the problem I'm running into is that the boots I want (sidi vortex) don't have any way to replace the soles, where as a boot like the Fox Forma Pro has replacement soles for only $20. I just wonder if this is something that people think is worth the effort or do you usually need/want a whole new boot by the time you need new soles?

F-16Guy
06-29-2004, 05:48 PM
It really depends on how hard you ride and how often. The actual body of the boot will last a LONG time, and a good quality boot will usually fit better after a couple years. My advice would be to buy a quality boot that you can get replacement parts for (replaceable soles, buckles, straps, etc.), like the Forma Pros, Tech 6's or 8's, Alpinestars Vectors, or even the O'neal Hardwares, I think, rather than hoping you can get parts from the manufacturer later on down the road. I plan on having my Tech 6's for a long time!

TC426EX
06-29-2004, 06:18 PM
Hell yeah... Boots are expensive, and they fit BETTER with time, so get the formas or another kind that has replaceable soles/buckles/etc. and forget about the overpriced SIDI's... I run Formas and they are super comfortable and durable...

Joecool1264
06-30-2004, 09:02 PM
I've got some MSR world tour boots with the lug soles. They are three years old still going strong. If they wear out they can be resoled. They were great at Waresha, threaded mud with the best of them. LOL. Hope the reply on the OCCRA site didn't get you in too much trouble. HeHe, Later Joe 555.

Sportrax10
06-30-2004, 09:14 PM
I have a question about resoling boots... Can you do it yourself and if so is it easy? Or should you pay someone to do it for you... Cause my tech 6's are worn out and now that I have to kick start my 450 I think re-soling them will be needed badly soon...

Joecool1264
07-01-2004, 08:18 AM
I've always taken mine to a shoe shop.Call around and be specific about the sole and type of boot. They have big sewing machines to do the job. Some guys I race with sent there Alpinestars back to the factory for a " rebuild". They resole and fix some other stuff. Good luck Later Joe.

FourFiftyFour
07-01-2004, 11:29 AM
I have really liked my A-star Vectors, they are really comfortable, they fit to your foot more than other boots.