PDA

View Full Version : time for a cam

03-27-2002, 02:57 PM
I have noticed that many of you have installed an XR cam. How are y'all getting away with installing a new camshaft on old rockers? I have always heard that you must replace lifters/rockers on a new cam or the old lifters will wipe the lobes off the cam. What does the XR cam do for a stock 400EX? Mine has K&N filter, no air box lid, high flow exhaust, I have removed the choke, and I have 160 main jets, needle is stock, and pilot is stock. Thank you for your time and consideration.

03-27-2002, 03:04 PM
Well I guess with the rocker question it all depends..some have replaced rockers some haven't...My motor was fairly new so It didn't need it,,now if you got a 99 model It probably wouldn't hurt to replace them...plus these cames are drop in cams,,there's really no need to,,,hence the term drop in cam..

And yes there has been a few members also just put the cam in with around the same mods you have and they said good things about it,,if your gonna go with a cam,,go ahead and get a high comp piston too,,,,you dont' have to bore the cylinder to go with a high comp piston,,but the piston and cam work together like bread and peanut butter...:D

Tommy 17
03-27-2002, 03:54 PM
i replaced the rockers and valve springs when i did my tc cam... the one rocker actually was chipped so thats why i did it... i think the rokcers were right around 100$ for them not sure...