PDA

View Full Version : Handlebar/stem question

DGR
06-29-2004, 09:35 AM
why are some guys buying some +1 stem with low bend bars ?6=

Florida400EX
06-29-2004, 07:07 PM
cause, they like the low bend bars... and aftermarket stems have the anti-vibes.... for now I'll stick with my stocker and Renthals..

TC426EX
06-29-2004, 08:42 PM
You accomplish a wider flatter bend with the bars, like the CR Hi bend Renthals I am running, but you lose the tall rise of stock style bars in the process. Adding the +1 stem makes the riding more comfortable both sitting AND standing especially like when setting for jumps and what not. You accomplish both goals... Obtain a flatter wider bend for greater handling and stability, and retain a comfortable rise without the horrible swept back, narrow stock bend...

DGR
06-30-2004, 08:15 AM
thanks TC

NacsMXer
06-30-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by TC426EX
You accomplish a wider flatter bend with the bars, like the CR Hi bend Renthals I am running, but you lose the tall rise of stock style bars in the process. Adding the +1 stem makes the riding more comfortable both sitting AND standing especially like when setting for jumps and what not. You accomplish both goals... Obtain a flatter wider bend for greater handling and stability, and retain a comfortable rise without the horrible swept back, narrow stock bend...
True Dat- I was thinkin of buyin a +1 stem myself as I run some low T2s and I still feel a bit hunched over with the stock stem.