PDA

View Full Version : razr's vs. klaws

drifterx
06-28-2004, 02:38 PM
Whats your opinion? Goin with 20's in the back, and 21's in the front for sure. How do they compare?

Thanks

400ex28
06-28-2004, 03:52 PM
I have Razr's and love them they hook up good and they also slide great. I have'nt had the klaws but i heard there good also... :o

drifterx
06-28-2004, 03:59 PM
How do they wear?

400ex28
06-28-2004, 04:01 PM
Ive had my razr's for about a year now and there still good and they dont wear fast they last a while...

TC426EX
06-28-2004, 06:47 PM
RAZR's all the way!!! Razr's have one of the longest lasting tread compounds out there, unlike the POS holeshots. I have never owned Kendas but I have a friend who uses the MX Klaws on his KFX and I absolutely do not like them at all. If youve read any of my other tire posts youll see that I am generally anti kenda, so consider my opinion biased toward Maxxis. I wont ever use any tire besides Razr's unless there is some miracle tire in the future. I run a setup of Razr MX most of the time for tracks, and when I want to rip the woods, I just re gear my bike and throw on my other set of Razr 2's on ITP baja rims. BOTH sets of tires perform flawlessly and have been wearing way beyond my expectations. I am getting my second season out of my Razr MX tires (and believe me I ride alot and beat on them), and they are holding strong at 80% or better. The Razr 2's I have been running since last summer and they are still practically like new. I say RAZR 100% but again, this is like arguing ford and chevy... Im sure some kenda people will hop on here and plead their case as well...

Florida400EX
06-29-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by TC426EX
RAZR's all the way!!! Razr's have one of the longest lasting tread compounds out there, unlike the POS holeshots. I have never owned Kendas but I have a friend who uses the MX Klaws on his KFX and I absolutely do not like them at all. If youve read any of my other tire posts youll see that I am generally anti kenda, so consider my opinion biased toward Maxxis. I wont ever use any tire besides Razr's unless there is some miracle tire in the future. I run a setup of Razr MX most of the time for tracks, and when I want to rip the woods, I just re gear my bike and throw on my other set of Razr 2's on ITP baja rims. BOTH sets of tires perform flawlessly and have been wearing way beyond my expectations. I am getting my second season out of my Razr MX tires (and believe me I ride alot and beat on them), and they are holding strong at 80% or better. The Razr 2's I have been running since last summer and they are still practically like new. I say RAZR 100% but again, this is like arguing ford and chevy... Im sure some kenda people will hop on here and plead their case as well...

Have you ever had a set of Klaws on YOUR quad? Yeah, I agree that holeshots wear rediculously too fast... I'll be getting Kenda Klaw MX's for my next set for SURE. They hook up perfect, and they work great in just about every type of terrain, soft, medium, or hard pack, they always hook up well, and get the job done.

shamisc
06-29-2004, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Florida400EX
Have you ever had a set of Klaws on YOUR quad? Yeah, I agree that holeshots wear rediculously too fast... I'll be getting Kenda Klaw MX's for my next set for SURE. They hook up perfect, and they work great in just about every type of terrain, soft, medium, or hard pack, they always hook up well, and get the job done.

WELL SAID!!!! There is no comparison! Yes, I've had both, and until someone comes up with something better than the Klaws, that's all that will be on my quads!:macho

Rootar
06-30-2004, 03:30 PM
razr are the best tire in the world i just rode mine for the first time today the have in sane tracion

300exPat
06-30-2004, 07:09 PM
both good, i prefer razr's

400ex28
06-30-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by 300exPat
both good, i prefer razr's

tmk4914
06-30-2004, 08:27 PM
what about turf tamers they are popular up here also are the klaws but some swear on tuf tamers have any of you ran both

TC426EX
06-30-2004, 10:40 PM
Ive run tamers and Razrs and I must say that the Razrs are the best MX tire Ive used other than a set of grooved tamers. The upside is that they last way longer than the tamers... I have also run holeshots and give them a thumbs down on reliability, and have ridden my buddy's KFX with the Klaws and they dont compare the the Razr's...

400ex28
07-01-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by TC426EX
Ive run tamers and Razrs and I must say that the Razrs are the best MX tire Ive used other than a set of grooved tamers. The upside is that they last way longer than the tamers... I have also run holeshots and give them a thumbs down on reliability, and have ridden my buddy's KFX with the Klaws and they dont compare the the Razr's...

Now its WELL SAID!! :D

Duncanracer
07-01-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Florida400EX

my holeshots ahve never worn that fast the XCT tires...

we did a 500 mile race and they were still good...

but i have to vouch for the razr2, in our really rocky crappy desert races, it never gets flats, while me with the holeshots get like 3 flat tires...

sparks400
07-01-2004, 01:02 PM
id say klaws they hook up gr8, alot better then razr's if u have then set for the type of terrian ur gonna be riding, my dad and a couple friends have razr's, ya the last long but it aint worth the hassel of being stuck or losing that race because ur spinning, they slide good, but klaws r alot better made tire then the razr's, if i were u id go with klaws

Greg Z
07-01-2004, 01:21 PM
I ran both

KLAWS IS MY CHOICE