PDA

View Full Version : New Pro AM Qualifications!!!!!!

gncc35
06-28-2004, 01:26 PM
Does anyone know what they are for this year in Gncc ! The way I understood it you had to qualify. But I guess qualify means you just have to have an atv and fifty dollars!!!!!!

465Stroker
06-28-2004, 01:29 PM
I was told that if you did not make the national number cutoff that they would accept an essay on why you feel you are qualified to race Pro or Pro-AM.

Why you ask?

06-28-2004, 01:30 PM
As i was signing up there were two guys in front of me that had just bought their AMA cards. They had never raced a GNCC before. THEY WANTED TO RACE 4STROKE PRO-AM PRODUCTION B. For those that don't know that doesn't even come close to any of the name of any of the classes!!!!!!!!! The people at sign up kept asking them if they want to run one of the B classes or if they wanted to run PRO-AM. They said PRO-AM and that is what they signed up for. I saw them on the starting line on a 400ex mostly stock and a z400 all stock. after checking the results I see that the TWO of them combined for a total of ONE lap!!!!!!!!! Can someone explain why these guys were able to run that class??????:confused:

gncc35
06-28-2004, 01:40 PM
that is exactly why I ask, I know there is a few guys that didn't finish in the top 50 rank from the year before that is lightening fast and should be in pro or pro production, but to let someone in that is racing in a sanctioned event for their first time is crazy!!!!

popo
06-28-2004, 01:43 PM
It was monkeyboy and cuz'n.... they came down from ta mountains.

06-28-2004, 01:45 PM
They were both from Oakland Md just right down the road so yes they were from the mountains!!!

CUZ'n
06-28-2004, 01:52 PM
dem sumsbeeches ...we wus gonne run wif da johnny c:mad:

06-28-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by popo
It was monkeyboy and cuz'n.... they came down from ta mountains.

:eek: COULD IT BE...:confused:

CUZ'n
06-28-2004, 01:55 PM
i axed were da ricosss wus an day said u wus a pussie:mad:

06-28-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by CUZ'n
i axed were da ricosss wus an day said u wus a pussie:mad:

O really..

Who were these chumps that you axed????:mad:

Pappy
06-28-2004, 01:58 PM
i did call you a puss:o

popo
06-28-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Rico
O really..

Who were these chumps that you axed????:mad:

All of us :D

06-28-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by popo
All of us :D

:mad: http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/boxer.gif

CUZ'n
06-28-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by GNCCer
As i was signing up there were two guys in front of me that had just bought their AMA cards. They

dat pissn me offf:mad: i did my treetments an went to my drunk class an day makn me pay mor monees:grr:

06-28-2004, 02:07 PM
OK if we can get Cuz to STFU we can get back to the point of the thread! I just think it is nice that RP has not let racers that race every race for several years in to certain pro classes but let these chumps that are showing up for there first time race.

CUZ'n
06-28-2004, 02:09 PM
u stfu gncr i think i finish more lap den u:macho

an you complain at rp people not here
:mad:

06-28-2004, 02:13 PM
IF you showed up you completed as many laps as I did. wait if you were sitting on your *** at your house you completed as many laps as i did.

Pappy
06-28-2004, 02:15 PM
If you heard them let them in the class, why didnt you immediatley contact RP and bring it too thier attention?

06-28-2004, 02:23 PM
at the time it didn't bother me or I didn't think much of it. I was just amazed at how stupid of a class they were saying they wanted in (4stroke pro-am production B) I also didn't know they may have been very good in there local series and belonged in that class. now that I have seen everthing I realize they didn't by any means. and it took a couple Pro-Am riders getting upset about it for me to realize it mattered and made me upset.

Admin
06-28-2004, 02:28 PM
(4stroke pro-am production B)

The "B" would have thrown up a Red Flag right away.

240GNCC400
06-28-2004, 02:29 PM
its been pretty interesting looking at some of the rider numbers that have been in the pro and pro-am classes so far this year. their rules stated you had to finish in the top 50 to race pro am OR at promoter discretion. apparently anybody who wants to pay the extra amount of money is what promoter discretion means. if i was a rider who had actually qualified for the pro-am class i would be pissed.

but then again RP comes out with a rulebook at the beginning of each season and thows it away the first time the green flag flies!

06-28-2004, 02:32 PM
The "B" would have thrown up a Red Flag right away.

Harlen i agree that I should have said somthing about it then. but i didn't. Now I am left with only this great site to vent!!!

Pappy
06-28-2004, 03:50 PM
at the time it didn't bother me or I didn't think much of it. I was just amazed at how stupid of a class they were saying they wanted in (4stroke pro-am production B) I also didn't know they may have been very good in there local series and belonged in that class. now that I have seen everthing I realize they didn't by any means. and it took a couple Pro-Am riders getting upset about it for me to realize it mattered and made me upset.

when i signed up there was such choas that i probably could have signed up for pro:o this sport is growing at each event and i'd hope the people that run them would work to get all areas addressed.

06-28-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
when i signed up there was such choas that i probably could have signed up for pro:o this sport is growing at each event and i'd hope the people that run them would work to get all areas addressed.

Longer registration time is the ONLY answer. I know I love to pull in on a friday night and see 100 people standing in line to register..:eek2:

I recommend bringing back the pre-register option and charge those that wish to do it this way $1 or 2 extra bucks for prosessing fee. :cool:

BIGBLOCKBILL
06-28-2004, 06:22 PM
I remember the guy on the Z400,I passed him around the 4 mile mark on the first lap and couldn't figure out how he got in front of me. Now I know. I also remember at registration they were going to let my buddy sign up for Pro-Am no questions asked and they don't know him from Adam.:confused:

Scott Kawi700
06-28-2004, 08:55 PM
I recommend bringing back the pre-register option and charge those that wish to do it this way $1 or 2 extra bucks for prosessing fee. :cool:

Now I'm all for that!!:macho

coorsinmyc-bak
06-29-2004, 11:02 AM
i think ill give em a few extra bucks at millfield and start on the front row.ill just tell them i can ride really fast.

06-29-2004, 11:23 AM
If points aren't counted at the sparta race I"m runnin Pro or Pro-Am. I can't decide which one I could enter and win....:eek2: Anyone have some ideas for me...:confused:

:devil: :D

Pappy
06-29-2004, 11:26 AM
Anyone have some ideas for me...:confused:

:devil: :D

yeah shut your sausage holder and actually win a friggon race already:eek: :devil:

06-29-2004, 11:28 AM
yeah shut your sausage holder and actually win a friggon race already:eek: :devil:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

jlhughes750
06-29-2004, 01:03 PM

Whats that saying about the cat and the kettle???

And is it friggon or frickin????? I guess it depends where your from.

Seriously though!!!There seems to exceptions to every rule!! Or all the rules for that matter! The first rule in the GNCC handbook should read. This is not a democracy, we are in charge!! Rule #2 would read.....see #1 for more info!

Pappy
06-29-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by jlhughes750
Whats that saying about the cat and the kettle???

And is it friggon or frickin????? I guess it depends where your from.

Seriously though!!!There seems to exceptions to every rule!! Or all the rules for that matter! The first rule in the GNCC handbook should read. This is not a democracy, we are in charge!! Rule #2 would read.....see #1 for more info!

fricken is only half as meaninful as friggon:blah:

jlhughes750
06-29-2004, 01:13 PM
disclaimer: My comments are only based on my feelings at this time and may not be a direct reflection of my feelings toward RP in general........................................

BTW how many words does that essay have to be to get to race in the Pro-Am class??