PDA

View Full Version : tie rods and ends

chad cavagnaro
06-28-2004, 01:03 PM
i bought some tusk tie rods and ends a few months ago and they are already worn out!! someone please suggest some ends that will last for cross country type rideing.
thnx in advance.

jlhughes750
06-28-2004, 02:52 PM
check out the thread about my LT arms.

theres a pic of the Gibson rods and ends in there....

they've held up great so far, Rausch, Jack Frost, Foot of the Mountain.......there some rough tracks and no problems yet..
They also help to correct the bumpsteer.

06-28-2004, 02:57 PM
J I not not trying to nock Gibson at all so don't take it that way. arn't their ends heim joints? Typicly they will wear out quicker than a ball joint style will. and when they do wear they normally have more slop in them. Is there anything speciall that makes them last longer than most heim joints? I have been running Ricky Stator rods and ends, even though I have heard some very bad things about them they hav held up great for me. I put them on before the 12 hours of america and now I an starting to notice on end have just a bit of play in it.

I guess that is more of a question to you jlhughes750 than a statement.

660bigdaddy
06-30-2004, 01:03 PM
i am also noticing some play in my ricky stators, but the ends are gaurenteed. send them back during the summer break, and they will send ya replacement ends. i did it last year. call ahead and let them know you are shipping them out.

06-30-2004, 01:07 PM
i am also noticing some play in my ricky stators, but the ends are gaurenteed. send them back during the summer break, and they will send ya replacement ends. i did it last year. call ahead and let them know you are shipping them out.

REALLY????? I didn't know that. that makes them all that much better. why would you buy anything else?

YFZ PILOT
07-01-2004, 08:05 PM
Noss Machine makes some beefy ones for 34.00 good deal here is the phone #918-358-3804

jlhughes750
07-02-2004, 06:37 AM
GNCCer, no issues at all with the Gibson's yet!!!

They are teflon sealed bearings.. I'm sure that helps..

660bigdaddy
07-02-2004, 01:03 PM
REALLY????? I didn't know that. that makes them all that much better. why would you buy anything else?
just make sure you have something else to bolt on when you ship, it will take 2-4 weeks to get them back. they're on the west coast.