PDA

View Full Version : stalling question

cjames235
06-28-2004, 12:09 PM
i got a 400ex and when it feels some vertical downward g-force like at the base of a hill or in the middle of whoops it cuts out and tries to die... it rides totally fine on flat ground and even riding wheelies it doesnt try to cut out........ the other day it started sputtering at the base of a pretty big *** hill and well of course it cut out right as my front wheels got over the top so i had to bail and let the quad roll down the hill...... haha at that point i decided to post up as i cant figure out what the deal is

i have taken apart the carb but i cant find anything unusuall everything is tight and in the right place

anyone have any suggestions?

thanks for any help

400exdad
06-28-2004, 12:16 PM
I'd check the float level.

zephead400ex
06-28-2004, 12:57 PM
Does gas pour out when you ride a wheelie? Sounds like a weird float problem.:confused:

cjames235
06-28-2004, 01:01 PM
well on my old quads and dirtbikes the floats were adjustable b/c they were made out of copper or what not and you could just bend the finger on it a little but the 400ex one is plastic so you cant bend it....... is there any way to adjust the float? b/c i have been trying to for a long time

and yes gas POURS out when i ride wheelies i think most of my tanks go onto the ground b/c of this........ this is the problem i have been trying to fix for a long time but now i got a new problem

thanks for the suggestions

cjames235
06-29-2004, 10:25 AM
anyone got any other ideas?