PDA

View Full Version : Broke wrist and still beasting it lol

WhiteBros400ex
06-27-2004, 10:36 PM
Well today i was just cruzing around with my girl friend on the back ridding in feilds by my friends house. There was a mulch pile about 2 1/2 ft to 3ft tall and my friend paul (sportrax10) on his 450r and Donald on his 400ex (not a memeber but always on the site) well any way they where jumping it trying to clear the drive way which was prolly like 25 30ft idk something like that not sure maybe further or shorter, and i was just sitting there watching and then i was like i cant take this anymore so i was said lets have a jumping contest just for the hell of it. So about 3 or 4 times after getting used to jumping and landing with my cast on lol i hit the lil jump and cleared the drive way by about 2ft and landing no hands so i wouldnt hurt my wrist and they sorta of just gaveup. They might not have been trying there hardest but i had to prove just cause my wrist is broke dont mean i suck:D :D :)
lol

06-27-2004, 10:52 PM
beasting it? did u mean beating it? :eek2: ur gonna screw ur wrist up bad doin that:o

WhiteBros400ex
06-27-2004, 11:08 PM
Yea im done ridding after today because the cast is only on for a month and i only want it on for a month so im just gonan relax until July 26 when i get it off.:cool:

Sportrax10
06-28-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by WhiteBros400ex
Yea im done ridding after today because the cast is only on for a month and i only want it on for a month so im just gonan relax until July 26 when i get it off.:cool:
Yea right, relax...

hondarider2006
06-28-2004, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by WhiteBros400ex
so im just gonan relax until July 26 when i get it off.:cool:

Sounds like your off to a good "relaxing" start:rolleyes:

WhiteBros400ex
06-28-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by hondarider2006
Sounds like your off to a good "relaxing" start:rolleyes:

Yupp:p

Karizz
06-28-2004, 08:48 PM
Dude, let your wrist heal and go back to the doctors when they tell you to! I broke my wrist playing softball when i was 21 yrs old, I was young and cocky and rode quads back then,it didnt hurt so bad after 2 weeks so i cut the cast off myself and said F" it Im better, lets RIDE!well guess what man, My wrist never healed correctly. It would click alot and I could never fully bend my wrist back,So I now have a non union schphoid wrist bone! Dude that means my wrist bone is 2 pieces not one like it should be. Im 36 yrs old now and Im racing GNCC races, I crashed pretty bad at the Patriot and jammed my wrist,guess what..Now they have to do a bone graph from my pelvis for my wrist and I will be out for 8 months! Dude Leave your cast on and take it easy.

honda350r
06-28-2004, 08:48 PM
You should always beat it untill you get it off!! :eek2:

SHOCKER
06-28-2004, 09:22 PM
your wrist is gonna become limp and its gonna have a funny end to it ;) just joking, but seriously relax

TC426EX
06-28-2004, 09:30 PM
Wrists and ankles need LOTS of care and time to heal correctly. You will be good after you get your cast off, but TAKE IT EASY!! It will always still bother you most likely sometimes though. I screwed up my ankle bad being an impatient hardass doing new doubles with just shoes on at my friends practice track... Even though I landed them all clean, one of them caused my heel to get jammed down toward the ground with my foot still on the peg, shooting pain all the way up my leg... I still dont know what happened to it, I just dealt with it for the rest of the season and kept riding on it, jamming it over again once every ride at least. A quick 15 minute break and I was back at it... It kind of healed over the winter. Well, sure enough, this spring I fired her up and started ripping and even with my boots on it got jammed when I landed a little cockeyed. I went to my orthopedic doctor ( my best bud!) and to say the least its a littel damaged! He said ankles take forever to heal as do wrists so I went and bought a heavy duty ankle support for under my socks. Case in point... LET IT HEAL!!

fastblaster2002
06-28-2004, 10:31 PM
forget all this take it easy stuff

go have fun...just dont land too hard on it and be careful