PDA

View Full Version : Axle help !! 400ex

steveatv3
06-27-2004, 07:17 PM
i thought my rotor was bent cuz isaw it wabbling, i took it off and ran it without the rotor and my whole axle moves, it moves up and down NOT side to side, the nut is tight and i hear a crunching noise!!

1: i have na LSR axle it may be bent
2: Bearings are shot
3: Carrire is shot

O and i cant get the axle off, the brake hub dont come off!

Rip_Tear
06-27-2004, 07:55 PM
Sounds like you have to take your carrier out and check the bearings... Not exactly sure why your asking for help if you basicly know whats wrong. We can't tell you if your bearings are shot with 100% accuracy. So take your rear end a part and check.

steveatv3
06-27-2004, 08:37 PM
alright i just did and balll just fell out so i need the left bearing

TC426EX
06-27-2004, 08:41 PM
Replace both sides man...

steveatv3
06-27-2004, 09:00 PM
hwo much are they

TC426EX
06-27-2004, 09:10 PM
Prolly lookin around 30 bucks for a pivot works rear bearing kit w/both sides, but Im not exactly sure. I have a tapered setup so I havent bought those bearings in a while... I dont think you can buy just one side anyway. Whatever you do, dont buy OEM honda bearings or be prepared to donate a testicle to get them...Do it right. If the left side is shot, then that put more stress on the right. It wont be long until that side is shot too. If you keep wasted bearings in the rear it makes everything *** out quicker. It puts more stress on all your rear end bushings, axle, chain, everything man...