PDA

View Full Version : Spark Plug Color Chart

GodGuy
06-27-2004, 06:20 PM
Did the ''whitey'' color of the ''NORMAL'' spark plug color in the TECH sectionn is NORMAL or not. Cuz sum say that it's supposed to be brown, and my 400 have like 1 month and I did change the oil and change 3 times the plug and my plug is ALWAYS ''white'' like the one on the chart. So plz, tell me that the chart is good and my ''whitey'' plug is OK......
THANKS A LOT !!!

ReconRider25
06-27-2004, 09:07 PM
shouldnt be white.....should be more of a tan. sounds like ur running lean. any mods or endcap removed?

RAPTORAZ
06-27-2004, 09:10 PM
Today's unleaded fuel will generally not leave any color on the plug. Unless it's extremely rich. My EX's plugs always look white. Unless I run some leaded race gas in it. Then it's a light tan.

QuadJunkies
06-27-2004, 11:00 PM
I tend to run my quad on the fatter side just to be safe so mine is between a darker tan....When we run RaceFuel in the Predator its alot harder to read the plug so we go more with sound and feel....

zephead400ex
06-28-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I tend to run my quad on the fatter side just to be safe so mine is between a darker tan....When we run RaceFuel in the Predator its alot harder to read the plug so we go more with sound and feel....

Yep. "Seat of your pants" dialing in is a good way to go:) That's how I do it:blah:

GodGuy
06-29-2004, 02:33 PM
OK, so the white is normal with the gas that I use... ?
Cuz when I bought the ATV, 1 month ago, it was dark(like too rich) but I don't know what kind of gas they've put in it before it belongs to me! NO MODS NO REMOVED THINGS..........
Just a bone stock new 400ex.
THANKS A LOT GUYS ...! :)