PDA

View Full Version : LRD vs. sparks exhaust pipe

1fastR
06-27-2004, 02:50 PM
have been looking at both these pipes on there websites, anyone running either of these pipes or anyone know about these 2 pipes, any feedback would be great, cant decide witch one to get, I'm looking at the full system pipes.

one more ? what compression piston comes in the motor stock?

tkwarrior
06-27-2004, 03:10 PM
I would order a Sparks pipe agian today if I needed a new exhaust.

10.5:1

kazpr
06-27-2004, 03:16 PM
Dont forget to look @ the HMF I own the bill balance series pipe and WOW I like it alot!!

kahuna 4
06-27-2004, 07:01 PM
Sparks all the way

Hawk III
06-28-2004, 10:17 AM
I have the sparks pipe with their filter, and I can tell you that it hits hard, I love the power band from bottom to top. I can actually start in 2nd gear sitting on the line (I also have 18x10x8 mxr holeshots on the rear) with the 14 tooth front sprocket. Very impressed and would highly recommend it.

quadjeff
06-28-2004, 11:44 AM
FMF Ti Series 4. It kills the "LRD terd" and has the same dyno as the sparks with 96db.. Remeber sound is just as important these days.

trx450r_ryder
06-28-2004, 02:31 PM
go with the sparks. you will be very happy you did. but it is very loud.

kgbg
06-28-2004, 02:45 PM
Its all so close.
Nobody makes a "terd".
Nobody knows, whats the best Nobody with the right equipment has tried two pipes to find out the differences. And if they did, they might find that the power band is better for differrent riders in different conditions.
Buy what you like, what you get a deal on, don't listen to a bunch of jokers who think their pipe is the best.
The only things concrete are weight and materials. Even sound is subjective with sparkys and quite cores avail for many pipes. Was the number you were quoted with lid off air box or on? With sparky? at what RPM? what RPM do they test? Get what I am saying.....

06-28-2004, 07:57 PM
***SPAMMER***

Hawk III
06-28-2004, 10:28 PM
FMF Ti Series 4. It kills the "LRD terd" and has the same dyno as the sparks with 96db.. Remeber sound is just as important these days.
LRD a terd? how many of the pros run a fmf? the only luck I have had with fmf is throwing the POS away. Don't sit there and say LRD is a terd, I had one on my Z400 and it rocked, I also have one on my 250r and it rocks.
LRD > fmf nuff said

400ex4ever
06-29-2004, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by kgbg
Its all so close.
Nobody makes a "terd".
Nobody knows, whats the best Nobody with the right equipment has tried two pipes to find out the differences. And if they did, they might find that the power band is better for differrent riders in different conditions.
Buy what you like, what you get a deal on, don't listen to a bunch of jokers who think their pipe is the best.
The only things concrete are weight and materials. Even sound is subjective with sparkys and quite cores avail for many pipes. Was the number you were quoted with lid off air box or on? With sparky? at what RPM? what RPM do they test? Get what I am saying.....

I couldn't agree more. My wife just got my the LRD Pro series for Father's Day (gotta love her). The thing rocks. Here is a couple of pics.

http://www.rriders.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=448&stc=1
http://www.rriders.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=449&stc=1
http://www.rriders.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=450&stc=1

The Difference in the size of the header is not that much, number wise (stock - 1 1/2, LRD - 1 5/8 OD). But just look at this....

http://www.sandwizards.com/forum/files/img_0130.jpg

Good luck on your choice...Oh yeah. My wife got the full system off ebay for only $390 and thats after shipping.

jb500ex
06-29-2004, 08:40 AM
the quality of lrd is as good as their is out there right now

1fastR
06-29-2004, 10:35 AM
hey 400ex4ever what jet sizes are you running with that setup.

quadjeff
06-29-2004, 01:55 PM
I guess it is the best or as good as any exhaust?? I do not like Dirt wheels but they hammered the LRD for the YFZ. I am sure there will be little or no difference for TRX. Just my opinion pertains to noise. It sucks here on the west coast every race has a noise check. Yes, there is many ways to check noise levels. Go with the sparks.