PDA

View Full Version : 250ex problem HELP

devildriver422
06-27-2004, 12:33 PM
my 250ex is making a wierd noise from the cylinder...it almost sounds like something is hitting/scraping...it only happens at low speeds or wen its in 1st gear rolling backwards it does it a lot. also, wen i rly get on the gas it makes this clicking noise that lmost sounds like one of those bug zapper lights(sry for the wierd comparison).i just had my quad tuned up and they said that they were gonna look at the top end cuz they didnt like it and wen i got it back it was fine and a few days later it did this....any ideas plz help

edit:i went outside and looked at it rly close and it kinda sounds like its comin from the transmission...but wen i turn it off the transmission makes this rattling noise, almost sounds like something rollin around...this comes from the front of the transmission...plz help i dont wanna be w/o a quad for the summer

devildriver422
06-28-2004, 08:08 AM
well i took apart the crankcase yesterday and didnt find anything...gotta bring it to the shop...THIS SUCKS-every single vacation ive had wit this quad sumthin happened that made the vacation suck cuz i cant ride but im gonna try to get them to do it within a week

JStylz0383
07-03-2004, 01:17 AM
Hey, that was doing the same thing on mine. It sounds like it's metal on metal hitting in a rythm. If so, the valves need to be adjusted. It's a real easy process just have the have the time to do it... It'll save you the trip and the $$$$

JStylz0383
07-03-2004, 01:18 AM
If you have any questions, PM me or AOL IM me... I'm usually online.. Peace Bro