PDA

View Full Version : two stroke low on power?

400exbiggun
06-27-2004, 12:23 PM
Hey guys, i finally got my tecate together. its been apart for 8 months.
New clutch, new topend, new powervalves.
Except when i start it (starts first kick everytime) and dump the clutch trying to burn out it kinda bogs a little.
Then when i get going in like 2nd, i just wanted to feel the power and it went kinda fast but didnt seem to scream like my old 80 did. Like its not getting into the powerband

also i pulled the plug and its kinda rich, but not too crazy.

LTandRaptorider
06-27-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by 400exbiggun
Hey guys, i finally got my tecate together. its been apart for 8 months.
New clutch, new topend, new powervalves.
Except when i start it (starts first kick everytime) and dump the clutch trying to burn out it kinda bogs a little.
Then when i get going in like 2nd, i just wanted to feel the power and it went kinda fast but didnt seem to scream like my old 80 did. Like its not getting into the powerband

also i pulled the plug and its kinda rich, but not too crazy.

I'd say the jetting is a little rich. How is the ignition?

400exbiggun
06-27-2004, 12:43 PM
ignition is brand new ricky stator
its got decent spark.
Hows your lt? I just went out with it, its fast i only got it into 3rd gear (i dont believe in the easy break in)
But its got some power, but it might be my clutch then needs to be adjusted. Because i revv it, then dump the clutch and it goes no where.
should i move the needle? I dont really have any place to get jets in soon.

LTandRaptorider
06-27-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by 400exbiggun
ignition is brand new ricky stator
its got decent spark.
Hows your lt? I just went out with it, its fast i only got it into 3rd gear (i dont believe in the easy break in)
But its got some power, but it might be my clutch then needs to be adjusted. Because i revv it, then dump the clutch and it goes no where.
should i move the needle? I dont really have any place to get jets in soon.

I'm almost finished rebuilding my LT engine, anxious to go riding on it again! After I had work done on it by LRD, I had to play around a lot with the jetting. I had to go DOWN a couple sizes on the pilot. Get the jetting right, and your engine will come alive! ;) I do believe in the easy break-in, although probably not as long as I should. I run at least one tank of gas with no more than 1/2, occassional 3/4 throttle. Vary the rpms. After the second tank, it's ride WFO! :D First 3 gears wind out quick, but strong. 4th and 5th is where you really feel the torque, and 6th isn't bad either. Yep, I love my 2-stroke!

Toadz400
06-27-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
I'm almost finished rebuilding my LT engine, anxious to go riding on it again! After I had work done on it by LRD, I had to play around a lot with the jetting. I had to go DOWN a couple sizes on the pilot. Get the jetting right, and your engine will come alive! ;) I do believe in the easy break-in, although probably not as long as I should. I run at least one tank of gas with no more than 1/2, occassional 3/4 throttle. Vary the rpms. After the second tank, it's ride WFO! :D First 3 gears wind out quick, but strong. 4th and 5th is where you really feel the torque, and 6th isn't bad either. Yep, I love my 2-stroke!

Glad to see there are still some people out there that are loyal to their 2-strokes:D .

I'd get rid of my 400 before my Banshee...can't ever wipe the smile off my face after riding through all 6 gears hitting that wonderful powerband...*drool*.

...I think I'm going to go out riding now:D .