PDA

View Full Version : Why do i STILL have spark?

400exbiggun
06-27-2004, 06:53 AM
ok i have been out there for 2 hrs now trying to get either kill switch. I have a prodesign, and hooked one to a bare spot on the frame, and one to the coil. Unplugged it and i still have spark. Switch the wires around and still have spark.
Then i tried my stocker in the same locations and both times i still get spark.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? :confused:
i have to go to work from 12am-10pm and am leaving first thing tomorrow morning for 2 days at rausch and speedy replies are welcome please

250rmike
06-27-2004, 08:51 AM
try hooking the ground wire a ground wire from the coil not the frame. also did you hook the long wire to teh coil or the short one?

400exbiggun
06-27-2004, 12:21 PM
What about the ground?

the long wire is the ground correct? I had that to the frame and the short to the coil. I got spark with or without the teather in. THen i switched the wires and still have spark.:confused:
im leaving for rausch tomorrow too..

LTandRaptorider
06-27-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by 400exbiggun
What about the ground?

the long wire is the ground correct? I had that to the frame and the short to the coil. I got spark with or without the teather in. THen i switched the wires and still have spark.:confused:
im leaving for rausch tomorrow too..

Yes, that's right. I had trouble when putting a pro-design kill switch on my rappy, same thing happened. I had to move where I was grounding it, and it worked.

trick450r
06-27-2004, 05:08 PM
I did the same as ltandraptorrider moved the ground and it was all good good luck and enjoy rausch