PDA

View Full Version : needing help kinda fast - overheating or electrical probs on the pred????

stock400ex
06-26-2004, 05:41 PM
i don't know whats up with it. seems like when i ride for about 30 minutes it loses all power and dies. no lights, no fan, nothing. i wait about 5 minutes and it will come back on. does anyone elses fan run awhile after you kill the engine? cuz mine runs about 3-5 minutes after i shut it off, sometimes longer. it has plenty of coolant. i've had it for about 10 months and i don't really ride that much. had a broken headlight bracket, a slash in my gas tank neck and now this

:mad: :grr: :mad:

QuadJunkies
06-26-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by stock400ex
i don't know whats up with it. seems like when i ride for about 30 minutes it loses all power and dies. no lights, no fan, nothing. i wait about 5 minutes and it will come back on. does anyone elses fan run awhile after you kill the engine? cuz mine runs about 3-5 minutes after i shut it off, sometimes longer. it has plenty of coolant. i've had it for about 10 months and i don't really ride that much. had a broken headlight bracket, a slash in my gas tank neck and now this

:mad: :grr: :mad: I cant stress the importance of calling Doug Nicholas....He will be a big help for you on this....;)

stock400ex
06-26-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I cant stress the importance of calling Doug Nicholas....He will be a big help for you on this....;)

who is this doug nicholas cat?

QuadJunkies
06-26-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by stock400ex
who is this doug nicholas cat? Doug Nicholas is the Master of the Predator......:cool: heres his addy.... Tell him Troy and Tina sent ya;) if you ask about his reputation at predatorowners.com you will here nothing but GOOD about this guy... :p http://www.go-polaris.com/nicholas/mywebsite.htm

We do all our business with him

stock400ex
06-26-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Doug Nicholas is the Master of the Predator......:cool: heres his addy.... Tell him Troy and Tina sent ya;) if you ask about his reputation at predatorowners.com you will here nothing but GOOD about this guy... :p http://www.go-polaris.com/nicholas/mywebsite.htm

We do all our business with him

thank you very much. im going to look at it a little more and see if i can find the problem. i will get back with you in a couple days.

im going on a riding trip and friend decided to let me borrow the yfz450 :cool: so i don't really need help fast now but need to get the problem fixed asap ya know