PDA

View Full Version : CAM INSTALLATION, tensionner issue

jfboy
06-25-2004, 11:00 PM
I am in the process of installing my hotcam stage 2 into my 450r. To do so I removed the tensioner o I could get the gear back on the aftermarket cam but I can seem to be able to put it back on, but tensioner I mean the metal piece that is bolted on the side of the cylinder. It seems that once ot goes out, a shaft comes out but wont come back in.... so I took the black 8mm bolt that is on thge end and I saw a tiny flathead insde the tensioner piece ??? is that what i need to mess with ???? any help is apprecieted

joe1l
06-25-2004, 11:38 PM
am in the process of installing my hotcam stage 2 into my 450r. To do so I removed the tensioner o I could get the gear back on the aftermarket cam but I can seem to be able to put it back on, but tensioner I mean the metal piece that is bolted on the side of the cylinder. It seems that once ot goes out, a shaft comes out but wont come back in.... so I took the black 8mm bolt that is on thge end and I saw a tiny flathead insde the tensioner piece ??? is that what i need to mess with ???? any help is apprecieted

First off, get someone to give you had with this part, otherwise, its a pain in the *** to get it on right. You need to get yourself a tiny flat head screwdriver, much like the one from an eye glass repair kit. I think you need to turn it clockwise, and the shaft from tensioner will come in. Have the other person hold screwdriver in place and the tensioner, otherwise the shaft will spring back out. Then put your bolts back in. Once you bolt in the 2 bolts, then you can let go of the screwdriver, and the shaft will come out. Put the last bolt on, and your done.

jfboy
06-26-2004, 10:34 AM
thanks for the tip ! the reason I did not finish last night is that I didnt have the mini flat head but I did no know I had to turn clockwise I woulda tried the oposite. again thank !

jfboy
06-26-2004, 04:37 PM
It's all back together thanks for the tip !!!

kssandduner
06-26-2004, 05:46 PM
So how do you like the cam??

Joe

jfboy
06-26-2004, 09:11 PM
funny you ask ! I did not even have time to ride it, I live in a city right off a 5 lane street so I gotta load it in the back of a tryck to ride it. but as soon as I get to ride it I'll let you know what I think of it.