PDA

View Full Version : Do you trust your kids to do this??????

QuadJunkies
06-25-2004, 08:05 PM
:eek: Nothing like teaching them while there young........:p
Just wondering if any of you Dads let your kids help wrench on the quads....;)

dpizz450
06-25-2004, 08:10 PM
hahaha nice pic

trick450r
06-25-2004, 08:24 PM
My dad and i always wrench on the quads together...thats the only way in my house!

ID-YFZracer-BE
06-25-2004, 08:24 PM
i wrench on my quad all the time i help him out with his 2.

QuadJunkies
06-25-2004, 08:55 PM
Maybe he can fix the darn Predator right this time!!!!!!:o :p lol..

ID-YFZracer-BE
06-25-2004, 08:58 PM
brandon?

kicken250x
06-25-2004, 09:01 PM
im the only one that wrenches around here, no one else understands the whole mechanical device deal, they are idiot...:rolleyes:

LTandRaptorider
06-25-2004, 09:13 PM
Got a cooler I can borrow?! :blah:

If I had a kid, he'd be right beside me working on stuff. Whether he (or she) wanted to, or not. ;) I'd make it fun though. Kids need to be involved, builds character and a stronger relationship. Dammit! Now I want a kid! :grr: Any hot single chicks want to bear my child? :eek: :p

QuadJunkies
06-25-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by ID-YFZracer-BE
brandon? :D ........J/K.....:o

ID-YFZracer-BE
06-25-2004, 09:39 PM
yea but that would be pretty funny if brandon fixes it and makes it have more power too

06-25-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Got a cooler I can borrow?! :blah:

If I had a kid, he'd be right beside me working on stuff. Whether he (or she) wanted to, or not. ;) I'd make it fun though. Kids need to be involved, builds character and a stronger relationship. Dammit! Now I want a kid! :grr: Any hot single chicks want to bear my child? :eek: :p adopt me & teach me the ways of the raptor

LTandRaptorider
06-25-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
adopt me & teach me the ways of the raptor

Well, I just got over wanting a kid real quick! :blah:

250xridamatt
06-25-2004, 10:28 PM
i do all the work on my ride, except if i need a nother set of hands that is. My dad has been restoring cars his entire life so he knows his way with tools when i need help. Heck, i even had my 2 year old nephew out holding something up for me that was in my way lol

QuadJunkies
06-25-2004, 10:31 PM
Well, I just got over wanting a kid real quick! :blah: Hey.......

no potty training!!!!!:p LOL!!!!!!

LTandRaptorider
06-25-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Hey.......

no potty training!!!!!:p LOL!!!!!!

I doubt jumbo has gotten that far yet... :p

QuadJunkies
06-25-2004, 10:34 PM
I doubt jumbo has gotten that far yet... :p :eek: :o

dirtmomma
06-25-2004, 10:39 PM
Teach em young!!!! I think it's awesome my son DJ works on stuff, he can do alot more than we give him credit for ;) He replaced my nieces bearings & rear brakes on her 90 all by himself up camping now that was impressive!! Lil man had to answer some ??'s about his Mom @ preschool & his favorite thing to do was "help my Mom work on her quad" LMAO THATS MY BOY hehehe, I thought that was the cutest thing I'd ever read!! DJ & I are the ones who get everything ready for racing while Ron works so he HAS to know whats going on!! Next year he's gonna start taking welding @ school so he's pretty stoked about that, hell maybe he'll be an awesome welder & can repair stuff :blah: wouldn't that save alot of $$$$:devil: My own personal mechanic/welder:macho That's cool Troy gets him out there doing that w/ him ;)

06-25-2004, 11:08 PM
I doubt jumbo has gotten that far yet... :p dont worry old man...before long youll be peeing your pants all over again :mad:

LTandRaptorider
06-25-2004, 11:10 PM
dont worry old man...before long youll be peeing your pants all over again :mad:

dam ungrateful kid... :rolleyes:

06-25-2004, 11:12 PM
dam ungrateful kid... :rolleyes: lol..i was just messin with ya

LTandRaptorider
06-25-2004, 11:16 PM
lol..i was just messin with ya

Yeah, but sometimes... the truth hurts... :( :o :p

later, dude. the old man needs his rest.

06-25-2004, 11:17 PM
Yeah, but sometimes... the truth hurts... :( :o :p

later, dude. the old man needs his rest. lol...go to sleep old man...

Cody_300ex
06-25-2004, 11:26 PM
Hey QJ im 13 and do ALL the work on my quad. I dont let ANYBODY else touch it except I did let my dad re-jet it today. I was 12 when I did my first top end Job on my 300!! :D :cool:

brian-250
06-25-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
Hey QJ im 13 and do ALL the work on my quad. I dont let ANYBODY else touch it except I did let my dad re-jet it today. I was 12 when I did my first top end Job on my 300!! :D :cool:

i dont let anyone else put there fingers on my baby:devil: :p

JRDrider22
06-26-2004, 07:34 AM
i got a high peerformance 440 and since i was 11 when i had my d-bikes i had to do everything my self. it gets hard some times and i've asked him to help me. i can tear my whole bike down excpet my grame and motor in under 1 hour and a half with breaks. i feel proud of myself that i can do that and no one around here can. everyones really rich and sits on the couch. when you have a lot of money life comes to you. when ur raised in the dirt you pick you self up and do the things that youve never done. you prepare your self for the future

dirtmomma
06-26-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by JRDrider22
everyones really rich and sits on the couch. when you have a lot of money life comes to you. when ur raised in the dirt you pick you self up and do the things that youve never done. you prepare your self for the future

I like that!!! I think that should be a bumper sticker :D :D I get soooooo sick of people that can just send thier stuff off to get fixed whild in the mean time I sit & wait for $$ for the parts or the parts to get here ;) I race against ALOT of $$ I think we are the only ones in my class that actually does their own motor work!!

trick450r
06-26-2004, 09:19 AM
My dad has bean tearing apart engines since he was like 10, so he teaches me everything...we just started welding as well dirtmomma its some fun stuff, we spend most of our time on either the quads my moms porsche or our land cruiser lol acually thats all we do something always needs to be fixed! my dads boss acually is fithly rich and we go over and ride with him and his kids every once in a while and once my dad and i rode up to his mantion and witnessed his 3 year old son climb on top of their 64' vette and rip the antenna off then put his foot through the convertble top:eek2: :huh :eek: :grr: i almost got off my quad and personally kicked his ***...we mentioned it to my dads boss and he was like "yeh they do that all the time, dont worry i'll get it fixed" i was like WTF i would kil my kid for a stunt like that!!!!!:eek: :cuss:

QuadJunkies
06-26-2004, 09:48 AM
Thats very cool to see all the kdis getting involved......;)

QuadJunkies
06-26-2004, 09:49 AM
dont worry old man...before long youll be peeing your pants all over again :mad: :eek: :o LOL!!!!!! DOH!!!!!!! he got you on that one!!!

Tommy 17
06-26-2004, 10:05 AM
i was raised working on cars, quads, bikes, etc....

i think its funny because my friends will all be broke down and clueless on what to do... i'll walk over and rip the whole quad down and find out whats wrong... this winter i took my 406 apart in a friends heated garage... his dad walked out and my quad was in about 300 pieces all over the garage floor... hes like :eek2: i never thought a 17 year old could do something like that... it was a frame sitting there:devil:

i can do any 2 stroke out there... but i was never taught how to do a 4stroke but i will find out how within the next year:macho

its funny how some kids can't do simple things to cars like put on a cool air intake, euro lights, new head lights, change bulbs, change oil, grease them, change brakes, etc... makes me sick watchin them try to even use a screw driver:o

LTandRaptorider
06-26-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
:eek: :o LOL!!!!!! DOH!!!!!!! he got you on that one!!!

yes he did... dam him anyway. And I was going to let him ride my Raptor... NOT!

I was still grinning when I went to sleep! I love it when someone gets a good one in on me, because then I can come up with something better! :D

Even pizzing my pants, my old LT will outrun his 450R! Well.. maybe not right now... but after I get the engine back together... :o

06-26-2004, 10:38 AM
yes he did... dam him anyway. And I was going to let him ride my Raptor... NOT!

I was still grinning when I went to sleep! I love it when someone gets a good one in on me, because then I can come up with something better! :D

Even pizzing my pants, my old LT will outrun his 450R! Well.. maybe not right now... but after I get the engine back together... :o but your raptor sure as hell never will

LTandRaptorider
06-26-2004, 10:41 AM
but your raptor sure as hell never will

Ahh... I got it apart, working on that! ;) I'm gonna have to drive down there and show you a thing or two... prefereably when Shania Twain is in town! :D

06-26-2004, 10:41 AM
Ahh... I got it apart, working on that! ;) I'm gonna have to drive down there and show you a thing or two... prefereably when Shania Twain is in town! :D sweet..ur welcome at my house

LTandRaptorider
06-26-2004, 10:51 AM
sweet..ur welcome at my house

kewl, I know my way to Knoxville, I'll just keep on driving to the other end of the state! ;)