PDA

View Full Version : Possible bent axel?

mcshaw16
06-25-2004, 06:18 PM
Hey all- I've owned my 2001 400ex for about months now and I've always had a problem with the quad pulling to one side during wheelies or acceleration when the front wheels come off the ground. I have recently replaced my axel bearings, thinking that may have been the problem, but it still does it. I've also considered uneven tire pressure and that wasn't it either. So now I'm thinking that maybe the axel could be a little bent? Has anyone else ever had this problem. It's getting on my nerves now because I've almost killed myself a couple times out on the trails. Any input would be appreciated.

JRDrider22
06-25-2004, 06:41 PM
pick up your back end by the grab bar. get the bike running put it in first and give it a little bit of gas then accelarate some more look at the axle if it swoorves then its bent

Aallron
06-25-2004, 06:59 PM
Measure the circumference / rolling distance of your rear tires with a tape measure... not on the ground, around the outside of the tire... Ill bet that one of them is larger/smaller than the other. It should pull to the side of the smaller tire.

Florida400EX
06-25-2004, 10:39 PM
tire pressure :macho

MichaelS693
06-25-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Florida400EX
tire pressure :macho

06-26-2004, 07:43 AM
If your axle was bent you'd know it going down a straightaway on flat land. It'll shake your teeth outa your head...:eek:

I had a set of ITP MX holeshots and 1 tire was slightly bigger than the other and it would pull to one side. I even switched the tires to opposite sides and then it would pull to the other side, so I knew it was a tire issue and nothing else major...:cool:

mcshaw16
06-27-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by JRDrider22
pick up your back end by the grab bar. get the bike running put it in first and give it a little bit of gas then accelarate some more look at the axle if it swoorves then its bent

I tried this and the only thing I noticed was on the right tire. It wobbled very slightly, I think either my rim or hub might be a little screwed up or bent, probably been that way since I bought. I'm gettin new rims anyways so hopefully that will solve the problem. Thanks for all the input