PDA

View Full Version : Best/Cheapest Swingarm

Toadz400
06-25-2004, 05:53 PM
Who makes the best cheapest swingarm? It doesn't have to be THE cheapest, but I'm going to be short on money and I need to get my every dollars worth.

Is Burgard a good swingarm to get?

Also, what length would you want to get with a CR450F engine in a 400ex frame?

TC426EX
06-25-2004, 06:14 PM
You want a +1.25 swingarms with that motor in the EX chassis... Now as far as the BEST swingarms, i can tell you 3 that are absolutely head and shoulders above the rest.... LAEGER, JB RACING, and RPM. They are not the cheapest, and you could probably get away with a burgard depending on how aggressive you ride, but the 3 I listed above are way better than Lonestar or any of the other brands. I have seen VERY few Laeger's crack and have not seen anyone crack a JB swingarm to date (which is why Im running it). I dont know anyone personally who rides the RPM but the buzz is that they are badass too. I guess Muff could chime in on the quality of his RPM...

Toadz400
06-25-2004, 06:45 PM
Thanks. Do you have the site for JB racing? How much do they usually cost?

Mikey
06-25-2004, 06:54 PM
Anybody know what is a good length for desert racing/riding? +1.25 or longer?

Sc0
06-25-2004, 09:19 PM
JRD is suppose to be REALLY good for the money but I haven't seen any prices or pictures, as for the BEST your list is incomplete... (ARS/FX, Gibson, Houser, Roll Design, etc.) ARS/FX might have a long travel swingarm or standard travel available for the EX, though i'm not too sure since I didn't ask.

As for the price, if you don't have the money to buy what you want now I say save up more then buy it later. 1.25" extended over stock seems to be the norm especially if you want to push more power but still like hitting MX tracks or GNCC's.

cals400ex
06-25-2004, 10:45 PM
what length chain do you run with a +1.25? well, i guess the gearing would matter too. i just got a +1.25 and a 102 link chain. i am not sure if this will work fine or if i will need to cut a link or two out.

Toadz400
06-26-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Sc0
JRD is suppose to be REALLY good for the money but I haven't seen any prices or pictures, as for the BEST your list is incomplete... (ARS/FX, Gibson, Houser, Roll Design, etc.) ARS/FX might have a long travel swingarm or standard travel available for the EX, though i'm not too sure since I didn't ask.

As for the price, if you don't have the money to buy what you want now I say save up more then buy it later. 1.25" extended over stock seems to be the norm especially if you want to push more power but still like hitting MX tracks or GNCC's.

Yea I guess I should probably just save up my money and get a long travel swingarm and new shock. Probably be the best in the end, I don't think I should go cheap anymore.

I'm also thinking about buying a 400ex frame from a fellow EXRider (416exmx) that is set up for a CRF450R engine. Definately save me a lot of trouble, money, and time of having to either hack on it myself or send it into a professional.

What's the website to ARS/FX?

Florida400EX
06-26-2004, 03:54 PM
muff, clear you box, I can get you a cheap price on RPM.

Sc0
06-26-2004, 11:38 PM
I would have liked to use a RPM with their Tapered bearing carrier but I was sucked into this whole long-travel and the RPM didn't have one. The Houser LT rear swinger was recommended but ARS is working on their own LT swinger as well so keep an eye out.

QuadRacer041
06-27-2004, 08:31 AM
heres my take:
ive owned many lsr's and i can tell you they SUCK.
ive never owned any jrd stuff but ive seen a bunch and from what ive seen they are all welded up from braking, too me that dont look that good.
i have an rpm, and ive had it for over 2 years and i do alot of jumping and i havent had any problems yet.
i also have a walsh and can say that i havent had any problems with that yet either.
i dont own a houser swingarm but i have many other houser products and they all have help up very well.

NacsRacing400
06-28-2004, 03:00 PM
Get a walsh swingarm, they seem to hold up the best out of all the ones i have seen, i have seen a jb crack by the way. any of them will crack if u dont have your shocks setup right but walsh is the only brand i have not seen one crack yet.

TC426EX
06-28-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacing400
Get a walsh swingarm, they seem to hold up the best out of all the ones i have seen, i have seen a jb crack by the way. any of them will crack if u dont have your shocks setup right but walsh is the only brand i have not seen one crack yet.

That is one brand I DID leave out that is in the top grouping as well... The Walsh stuff is bulletproof, and I too, havent seen anyone crack one of those... Expensive... but GREAT quality...

Toadz400
06-28-2004, 07:13 PM
Cool, thanks guys. I guess I'll be saving my money for a Walsh. I'd rather go for something with super-high quality that's expensive than a cheap one that will crack on me the first time I jump...

Florida400EX
06-28-2004, 08:06 PM
Don't forget about RPM, they are just as good. PM me, or IM me at teameccrm125 about them...

400exstud
06-29-2004, 02:44 PM
Sorry I am a little off topic. Toadz where do you live cause I live in the Fond du Lac area and am trying to get to know more people that ride quads in my area.

Toadz400
06-29-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by 400exstud
Sorry I am a little off topic. Toadz where do you live cause I live in the Fond du Lac area and am trying to get to know more people that ride quads in my area.

No problem, I live probably about 4 hours from you to the west. If you know where Wheeler is, I'm about 25 minutes west of there.

How much do Walsh swingarms usually run for? And what's their site?