PDA

View Full Version : yfz 450 applications

chet28
06-25-2004, 04:25 PM
Yo I am riding a YFZ 450 this year for the GNX MX Nationals and i just thought i would make a few suggestions to make your YFZ race ready. First of all i got the Roll Design front and rear end with Axis shocks. I love the suspension and lobo front end. I also got the Hiper caron fiber rims with Holeshot Mxr's on the rear and Holeshot mx's on the front. I like the tire but they wear out really fast. I got the AC propegs, those r sweet. I got Tag bars, i love em. I also got AC rear and front bumpers. I got a Sparks pipe and Sparks intake system. I love them both. As for the motor i got a 13 1/2:1 compression piston, cam-mod, port and polished, and sleeved the cylinder up. It's very fast. I race a few national races this yr and have won plent of motos and pulled lots of holeshots on my BFR Racing machine. Those are just a few modifications that i listed on the bike. The power of the YFZ'S is just out of the world. Before this quad i had a houser yzf440 done by Tom Carlson from TC Racing, It was a great bike but my new YFZ is way better. Let me know what kinda quads you guys have and their mods and maybe pics. Thanks, Chet Ardoin GNC #28

TCracin440ex
06-25-2004, 04:30 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/mypictures/inbox/view.html?id=4165370091&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.imagestation.com%2Fpicture%2F sraid121%2Fp8fc2b723a806581840812dd99979073b%2Ff84 680eb.jpg&caption=28%2002

/\ there is 1 pic of him and his bike

http://www.imagestation.com/mypictures/inbox/view.html?id=4165370096&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.imagestation.com%2Fpicture%2F sraid121%2Fp0b98b3abc4ca5fca904f83bd22bb756c%2Ff84 680f0.jpg&caption=28

/\ pic number 2

EDIT: imagestation.com is bein gay right now...if i e-mail some 1 his pics of his quad could they post um on here for me...

Splatter Matter
06-25-2004, 06:44 PM
wow chet28 that sounds like a killer Quad.
i fell little now. all i have is K&N air filter DR.D exhaust .razr front and rear tires. full under skids .i do Hare scrambles races.

electricstart
06-25-2004, 07:43 PM
Thanks man

chet28
06-25-2004, 09:08 PM
yo man u gotta crawl before u walk. it took me a while to get all that stuff for my bike but i eventually got it all. if yall eve need advice on n ething hola back, peace bro

brazilian rider
06-25-2004, 10:03 PM
How much hps can u expect with and without port and polished and sleeved the cylinder up?

chet28
06-26-2004, 05:14 PM
when it was stock i believe it was around 43 hp maybe? im not sure but i now im pushing around 55 hp's.

Davids440ex
06-27-2004, 02:49 PM
i dont know about the roll design front end when it sits at ride hieght the ball joints have a lot of stress on them. i havnt seen any new ones but when the yfz just came out they wernt very good. just my 2 cents

chet28
06-27-2004, 04:46 PM
the roll design lobo was designed for top pro riders to run, so im sure they r really well. i love em.

TCracin440ex
06-30-2004, 06:55 PM
bump

Davids440ex
07-01-2004, 11:52 PM
look at how many pros run them in the gnc class, i can count on one hand there are better front ends out there for a better price.

chet28
07-02-2004, 07:13 PM
yo wat do u have on your bike? is it so much better? roll design ROCKS. i seen on your website that u had jd performace a arms thas junk and u got nerve to tell me that roll design isnt good. get your sh*t straight

Davids440ex
07-02-2004, 07:20 PM
first of all that is on my 400ex not my 450 that is what i started on, and now that i am a pro i run Teixeira tech (http://www.teixeiratech.com/) has some of the best built stuff out there i have almost 2 inch of travel more then roll dose, and why would i want to spend 3g's on a front end. i'm not saying they are bad just way over priced for something that shouldnt be, when there are better stuff out there.

Scottie Mac
07-02-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Davids440ex
now that i am a pro i run Teixeira tech (http://www.teixeiratech.com/) has some of the best built stuff out there i have almost 2 inch of travel more then roll dose,

AHhhh, you want to explain this +2 inches of travel bull$hit. Seeing that they both use the same length shocks. Hmmm. I like the Texeriah arms, nice quality, but I don't understand where you are getting your numbers there buddy.

Yes, Roll are overpriced, by far. But, they are some of the highest quality a arms you can buy. The Texeriah arms, like many others, use exposed heim ends which can bind when caked with mud. The Rolls, at least on the YFZ, use sealed heim ends in a rubber boot. Yes, the boot can tear, but it is a better design for muddy race conditions. Each has its strong and weak points.

Also, how does the Roll front end put the tie rods at a different angle of any other front end? Seeing that all the +2 front ends retain the use of the stock steering bottom and spindles. Not knocking you, just asking a question.

Scott

Davids440ex
07-03-2004, 02:39 PM
what is up with everyone getting all pissed off, and yes you can have ore travel it all depends were you have the shocks mounted on the bottom a-arm, i havnt measured a roll but i have been told the numbers of there travel, and don't say i don't know my **** i build pre runers i know alot of **** about wheel travel

Scottie Mac
07-03-2004, 09:20 PM
Not getting pissed, just don't care for people who make claims then don't know how to back them up. I asked a simple question. I have looked at the pics of the Texeria Tech arms on the other thread and the mounts are in almost the exact same spot as they are on the Roll. Making a statement because you heard somewhere, or someone told you something will just end up making you look stupid. I don't doubt that "you know youe $hit" I just asked for proof. Nothing more, nothing less.

But, seeing that you "know your $hit" then you should understand that you want to set your machine up so that you can have as much travel as possible WITHOUT bottoming out the quad. For example, if you have so much travel that the frame hits the gound before the shocks bottom out, you are going to end up replacing your frame. More is not necessarily best. Pro rider Joe Byrd used to use standard length shocks for years and I doubt any of us on here are clearing the types of gaps he does. Even though his shocks were 3 inches shorter than the competition, he still ended up with nearly the same amount of travel. Enjoy your prerunners.

Scott

FASTeR
07-05-2004, 12:08 PM
its hard to justify the cost of roll a-arms, Alot of pro's will tell you they are good a-arms yet they are running something different the very next year.. Money talks in racing, if you guys think winning is dependant on parts, doug gust is proof that if you are a great rider you could win on just about anything. Elka isnt as good as axis? Doug beats many riders with higher priced shocks with more adjustability, and could probably win with stock suspension. I would rather give my money to a company that takes pride in their work and dosent over price their stuff, if you want to pay for Doug to sport the finest clothes and and vehicles you go right ahead, but i have to agree there are tons of a-arms out there that work just as good and hold up just as well Roll's chromoly is no better than anyone else's and I have seen Roll ball joints break.. If your a big spender go for it, it seems like this post was started as a bragging point for a racer in particular anyway.

Scottie Mac
07-05-2004, 02:02 PM
I agree that the Roll stuff is overpriced. I said that in a previous post. They do have a great design for the upper heim end, but I don't think it justifies how much more they are than other companies. I am not a big spender, I am well sponsored. :D

My brother has a full LT Janssen front end on his YFZ and it handles just as good as my Roll. It also seems to be built with very high quality. Another nice set up for the money are the Hermann Racing arms. They, like Janssen, haven't been in the ATV world very long, but are putting out nice parts for decent prices.

I personally think the set up of a particular machine is way more important than the name of a arms or shocks on it.

Scott

Pappy
07-05-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Scottie Mac

I personally think the set up of a particular machine is way more important than the name of a arms or shocks on it.

Scott

you mean i cant spend all the money i have and put a bunch of big name stickers on it and win a GNC title:mad:

you are telling me that buying the most expensive parts wont get me past the hurdle of riding ability and proper machine set up:grr:

dammit man....ive been saving up to build a quad that would win every race...and i wouldnt even have to assemble it:p it would be so badass it could win if i just piled up boxes of parts on the gate:macho :devil:

Scottie Mac
07-05-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
you mean i cant spend all the money i have and put a bunch of big name stickers on it and win a GNC title:mad:

you are telling me that buying the most expensive parts wont get me past the hurdle of riding ability and proper machine set up:grr:

dammit man....ive been saving up to build a quad that would win every race...and i wouldnt even have to assemble it:p it would be so badass it could win if i just piled up boxes of parts on the gate:macho :devil:

This is a perfect example of why we look at Pappy as the "Godfather" of information.......

Scott

PS
Pap,
Congrats on finishing the GNCC race. :D

FASTeR
07-05-2004, 04:23 PM
There are alot more people with the money to win the title, than there are those that have the ability to win a title.

Pappy
07-05-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by FASTeR
There are alot more people with the money to win the title, than there are those that have the ability to win a title.

i know of several riders that will not race the national circuit or even many locals because they find the spent money worthless. lets face it, this "sport" doesnt pay you back what you put into it. that doesnt mean they can win a title, but there are a load of riders that on any given day can hand gust or jones an *** whoopin, and they could do it without $35,000 factory sponsored quads.

i know of a rider that practices for fun, on a stock quad. he will only race a national race if is close to his house, and when he does race that stock quad he hasnt finished worse then 4th. now thats saying something in my book regarding talent vs money. and this is a XC racer not MX and yes there is a difference IMO:p

TT 400ex
07-05-2004, 05:06 PM
janssen may not of benn in the atv world very long but teh people that make thier a arms have been. janssan doesnt amke their own arms their the same as denton and atv four play. i

chet28
07-10-2004, 04:51 PM
r u guys knockin mebecause of the suspension and aarms that i have?

CTmxyfz
07-10-2004, 05:05 PM
everyones preference on a arms are their own. Personally i do not like the lsr, gibson and some others. I run a walsh/elka setup for mine and i could not be happier with the a arms. Plus, i like how they do not have a screw in ball joint like other companies. Only adjustments that can be made are done on the ends of the a arms putting less stress on the ends where the spindles are. I also believe it is one of the strongest ways to mount them too. Not on top of the a arm, but in the middle of the tubes, were it is held well, and enforced. They are mounted down low and give alot of travel. Thats my .02, run whatever you can afford and like.:D :cool:

YFZ450 Racer88
07-14-2004, 07:28 PM
money doesnt buy u a title in this sport..ONLY SKILLS DO..AND THE BALLS TO COMPETE.. I think u rich Beotches need to pull ur heads out of ur *** and just enjoy the sport for wat it is..
I have to buy all my products becasue im no tsponsored...yes i do buy some top of the line products, BUT i only buy them after i have talked to lots of people on what performes the best and get all points of views on products then i make my decision.

Power to all those weekend warriors.

chet28
07-15-2004, 06:33 PM
im a a class rider in nationals, so i am sponsored and my mech and his shop purchases all this stuff for me so i dont appreciate it when yall say "rich people" i worked very hard to get where i am today. i wasnt bragging on any of the things on my bike i wa just suggesting a few mods they work really well. thanks

chet28
07-20-2004, 09:26 PM
bump

Toadz400
07-20-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
i know of several riders that will not race the national circuit or even many locals because they find the spent money worthless. lets face it, this "sport" doesnt pay you back what you put into it. that doesnt mean they can win a title, but there are a load of riders that on any given day can hand gust or jones an *** whoopin, and they could do it without $35,000 factory sponsored quads.

i know of a rider that practices for fun, on a stock quad. he will only race a national race if is close to his house, and when he does race that stock quad he hasnt finished worse then 4th. now thats saying something in my book regarding talent vs money. and this is a XC racer not MX and yes there is a difference IMO:p

I'm with Pappy on this one.

My first MX race I was on my nearly stock 400EX (Works shocks set up for 235lbs, I'm 150 and a Big Gun Slip-on) and I was in 3rd or 4th most of the race against Z440's, KFX440's, YFZ's, 250R's, Cannondale, YZ440F quad, etc. and they were all pretty much race ready...oh and a 465EX.

Now I just wish I had a nice $35,000 factory-sponsored quad:( .