PDA

View Full Version : Digital camera suggestions for actions shots?

SoonerYFZ
06-25-2004, 03:10 PM
My wife likes to take pictures of the races I goto but our camera, a Sony digital cybershot DSC-P72, isn't all that great for action shots. Even set on the fastest ISO setting of 400 most pictures come out blurry. There is no way of manually setting the shutter speed which I think may be the weakness and cause of the blurred pictures.

Anyone have any tips on better digital cameras for less than $500 that specifically would be good for action shots? Or even tips on setting up the camera we have to get the most out of it.. I feel we have already done that but there might be something I am missing.

hessianmx111
06-25-2004, 03:51 PM
ive got a kodak easyshare dx6340 and its a 3.1 mp 4x optical 10x digital zoom camera it takes some really good shots for what it is and you can manually adjust shutter speed up to 1/2000, you can also adjust aperture and something else i dont really know what it is it costs roughly 300 bux but if i were you id get a kodak easyhare dx6490 its about 500 bux and its 5 mp 10x optical and im not too sure on the digital zoom but that doesnt really matter much because digital zoom tends to make the pics blurry and grainy ive seen this camera take some amazing action shots

MOFO
06-25-2004, 04:09 PM
We need Pappy to chim in on this one... I'll be watching... we might be buying a camera in the future and high speed photographs will be important to us.

I know down at H/M Pappy tried to show me how to use a camera, but I had one too many beers in me I think. I do remember moving with your object, but as for settings, I'm clueless.... :D

Willfulone
06-25-2004, 04:45 PM
if you got the bucks...a Canon Digital Rebel...First SLR based digital camera, and can use all the Rebal lenses...

Just bought one a month ago and it is killer.

peace
Willfulone

Rip_Tear
06-25-2004, 07:26 PM
I have a Sony DSC-P32, and I can't take an action shot worth looking at, but with the same camera my sister has taken action shots of me and not had 1 even blurred the slightest... I think some of it must have to do with the person or conditions.

jab300ex
06-26-2004, 08:18 AM
I just bought a Minolta Dimage Z1. I haven't taken any action shots but it is supposed to take good ones. It is a 3.2 megapixels and has 10x optical zoom. Or look at the Dimage Z2, a little newer model with 5 megapixels. I got mine off of ebay. There are alot of these (mostly new) and accessories on there. I got mine for $150.00.:D