PDA

View Full Version : What to get? PS2, X-box, Gamecube

Toadz400
06-25-2004, 02:50 PM
When my brother and I got our PS2 it was when they first came out so it's filled with bugs and doesn't run for more than 10 minutes now. I'm looking into a new game console so I can get back into gaming this summer when I can't be riding or working.

My options are obviously the PS2, X-Box, Gamecube, or just stick with my PC (which should be good for gaming, especially online since I have DSL).

One thing that is troubling is that I've grown up with PlayStation so I'm used to the simple controls. I've played X-Box and Gamecube and they are confusing as hell but I eventually got them, but they are something I could get used to.

I'm looking for the system that has the best range of games, I know PS2 has the most out right now I believe, but which one has the best concerning RPG's, action, driving games (like GT and NFS games).

I'd also like to get more into online gaming, like for the new ATV Offroad Fury game that's coming out and the Matrix game that will be coming out (have no clue when) which sounds like it could be a worthwhile game.

Any opinions would help.

I'm probably forgetting some stuff I want to include, but oh well. Money is sort of an issue right now considering that I'm going to be getting my shocks done by DeRisi and hopefully ordering an axle....which one is the cheapest system right now? Could I get an estimate on the pricing of all of them? Thanks in advanced.

blondie69
06-25-2004, 02:59 PM
Myself I'd say PS2....but thats my opinion. We have one, and had it for nearly 2 yrs, not a single problem.
Game cube I wouldn't bother with...Nintendo is going out of business. Poor graphics and such.
X-box...no comment, never played one. They seem like they'd be difficult though. My bf has one and is constantly playing it (lol). They sound like they are good though...!

muddy400EX
06-25-2004, 03:07 PM
i say ps2. i had a gamecube but sold it because the games suck. x-box is alright but i like ps2.

sam the brave
06-25-2004, 03:10 PM
i would say xbox
i have xbox and game cube
i had ps2 and it sucked so i sold it
game cube does suck but i cant sell it
and xbox is the best

JJWB023
06-25-2004, 03:28 PM
I have an XBOX and XBOX live..for about 6 months now. They have a great selection of games online and off. In some games for PS2 you have to push buttons to talk,on XBOX you can talk when you need to. I havnt played any atv games on XBOX yet but I'm sure that theyd be great online.

06-25-2004, 03:30 PM
i have ps2 and like it alot

Atreyu
06-25-2004, 04:33 PM
I would chose the box...its big, black, and fun to play with.

wishin4ahonda15
06-25-2004, 04:36 PM
xbox

Bill Fuller
06-25-2004, 04:41 PM
X Box.X Box live is the baddest thing out.I love online gaming ,nothing like racing through the streets with a bunch of strangers:devil: Rainbow 6 online is awsome.Can't wait for '05 football.

06-25-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
X Box.X Box live is the baddest thing out.I love online gaming ,nothing like racing through the streets with a bunch of strangers:devil: Rainbow 6 online is awsome.Can't wait for '05 football. whats ur xbox live name? mine is Jumbo747 i just got driv3r

JJWB023
06-25-2004, 07:08 PM
My XBL Gamertag is xBlackAssassinx..i play Rainbow Six and moto gp maybe we can share gamertags here

hondarider2006
06-25-2004, 07:23 PM
I had a PS2 and loved it. All of the games are great. It was awsome to play until it quit working.....:grr:

TheFontMaster
06-25-2004, 08:00 PM
I got a ps2, and I love it. I think it's got the greatest games. The only thing x-box has over ps2 is the halo games IMO. And ps2 does have the best racing games, which are gran turismo3, and soon to come gran turismo 4, which I cant wait to get.

Honda4trax250x
06-25-2004, 08:01 PM
such a simple question....PS2

Toadz400
06-25-2004, 08:05 PM
Yea I think I'm just going to go out and get a PS2 with the online game package that comes with ATV Offroad Fury 2 in it. I already have the game, but it doesn't work anymore because I used a CD cleaner that said it worked great for cleaning music CDs, DVDs, and games...yea...what a lie that was. Never worked after that, and yes I did do it right.

Does anyone know any good online games for PS2 and PC? (Racing, RPG's, action)

Bill Fuller
06-25-2004, 08:59 PM
Rally Sport 2 and Project Gothem racing are badass.My online tag is illB.

06-25-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
I The only thing x-box has over ps2 is the halo games IMO. u also forgot the xbox works unlike a ps2 which needs to be taken apart regularily

cabex
06-25-2004, 11:40 PM
u also forgot the xbox works unlike a ps2 which needs to be taken apart regularily

No doubt i had a Playstation 2 and I had to send it in 3 times to get it fixed. I really never like the ps2 all that much, now i have an XBOX and i couldnt be happier! love the thing , cant wait till HALO 2 comes out!

HondaRancherES
06-26-2004, 07:01 AM
I have a Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Gamecube,X-Box, and a Gameboy Advance SP so I didn't have to choose but if I did i'd get the PS2

400ex28
06-26-2004, 09:51 AM
GET THE XBOX. my ps2 broke and its chit i only had it less then a year and the ol xbox is still going good plus the olnine games are much betta and the grafhics are sooo much better go wit the xbox man!!