View Full Version : Dirtwheels, atvaction, atvsport

Kennethyfz450
06-25-2004, 12:05 AM
They do alot more than people think i am sure.. i know sometimes it seems like they tell lies or even pick a atv or product that pays the most in some cases..

for example 4 wheelers get negative attention. dirtwheels is trying to change it with their family magazine. they have fourwheeler articles for the whole family.. telling people about are sport and showing them new riding areas..

then you have abc news doging are sport... that dont know anything about it besides how many people got hurt on so and so date or how many accidents occur in one year.. they never did take the time in consider how this keeps kids out of trouble and can very easily become a family hobby..

i dont know guess i am just venting.. all this stuff has got to stop sometime..

Cole Trane
06-25-2004, 05:17 AM
It will never stop because there will always be people acting like idiots on atv's. I know it happens with all other vehicles, but atv's aren't as popular, therefore people see it on the news when something bad happens. I would put money on it that as many people, or more, get hurt on dirtbikes a year as they do on atv's. It just doesn't make the news, or whatever, because dirtbikes are so popular.

TC426EX
06-25-2004, 07:04 AM
It will never stop, ATV's will always get a bad wrap from the mainstream media. Dirwheels is OK, but the info in it is dated by the time you get it and they are real biased in the products they support if you ask me...

PHIL_B54
06-25-2004, 07:07 AM
i know it isnt totally related, but... where are dirt bikes so popular? i know 18-20 people with a quad(farm quads, play quads) and i know only 2-3 guys with a dirt bikes. I know that they are more popular, and in the spotlight more, but as far as Sw Iowa/Nw Missouri you just dont see them.

Kennethyfz450
06-25-2004, 08:59 AM
i just think its funny that you are supposed to be 16 to ride a 250ex then i can go out buy a cbr1000 by taking a written test...

i dont know about you all but i have more of a chance to die on a motorcyle then i would that 250..

i was just venting because my silly aunt (THAT HATES ATVS) had my grandma all worked up because she told her all the stuff she heard me do:rolleyes:

ReconRider25
06-25-2004, 09:40 AM
we never told my grandparents tht i was racing or that i even got the 400ex till a long time after.:p they wouldve never let me and wouldve tried to convince my parents that i would just get hurt.:o they dont know that i got another race coming up soon th.:devil: