PDA

View Full Version : Boots always get stuck in plastics

YamaWarr0121
06-24-2004, 09:47 PM
So how do you guys stop your boots from hooking up underneath the plastics on your side spars near the engine? i always get my Tech 8's stuck in there:confused: :grr:

EvilJester400EX
06-24-2004, 10:31 PM
I don't have a problem getting my boots hooked, then again, I run Answer boots. I don't know if your boots are the problem though.

daddio
06-25-2004, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by YamaWarr0121
So how do you guys stop your boots from hooking up underneath the plastics on your side spars near the engine? i always get my Tech 8's stuck in there:confused: :grr:
let me guess......... you have nerfs that drop the footpeg nown an inch?
I have ac pro-pegs and developed the same problem. but only on the right side. you can were "over the boot pants", or drill 2 small holes in the plastic, one on each side of the frame rail, and zip-tye the offending plastic to the rail.
worked for me.

YamaWarr0121
06-25-2004, 09:23 AM
nah i have Gibson nerfs, the same thing as xfactors.. i think its just my riding style my boots are positioned back more and they get hooked inside hte plastic, i might be shaving the fender there up to the frame, or zip tying it, but im very surprised to hear nobody else has this problem..:confused:

daddio
06-25-2004, 09:51 AM
actually I've talked to quite a few people who have had the same problem, and it's from people who just get their yfz's. all different kinds of boots, but most have some sort of "pro-peg" nerfs. I didn't do anything to the plastic, as this is really my kids bike, and he wears ofer-the-boot pants. but it's like I have some how changed something in the way I ride it now, and it's not a problem.

ID-YFZracer-BE
06-27-2004, 10:43 AM
its happened to me a couple times and i were shift pants over my boots. i just hope it never happens in a race.

Out_Sider
06-27-2004, 01:57 PM
the same thing happens to me on my 300ex....i think its just how we ride

Jekyl_22
06-27-2004, 02:28 PM
I've had the same problem. I've got Tech 8's, but no nerf bars. It's only happened a few times though. Kinda frustrating when you almost wreck because your boot is caught!

jeff1984
06-27-2004, 07:36 PM
i had ac pro pegs that were 1" lower and that happened to to me all the time. i got both boots stuck going through a whoop section and just about ate it. i just replaced the mounting brackets to the stock location and it hasn't happened again.

chad cavagnaro
06-28-2004, 05:17 PM
i just bought my first pair of moose riding gear, first inthe boot pants i've owned. and this has happened to me as well. all other gear is outside the boot. first time i wore them was at loretta lynns gncc and i also bout ate it several times and was getting pi-ossed off at it. my pegs are stock with no nerfs, think i will try the holes and zip ties.

j37
07-04-2004, 12:41 AM
I have this happen to me quite a bit. I have stock footpegs with Tusk Offroad nerfbars and wear over the boot pants. So im guessing its just the way I ride. I hear quite a few people talking about how they have the same problem.

SRH
07-04-2004, 11:02 PM
i had it happen to me once in a race i came out of corner and jumped tabletop and stood up in the air and my boot was hooked and got it unstuck when i took off the next double

400EXrider#91
07-05-2004, 06:57 PM
i get mine stuck alot to, but i just deal with it :rolleyes:

BUCK442
07-24-2004, 10:58 PM
Just trim the plastic. Happens on mine with stock pegs and M4's.

Who knows
07-28-2004, 09:37 PM
I could send you my stock predator heel guards for you to weld on, that should fix your problem. Kiddin, I think it is your riding position, I have a set of Sidi flexforce boots that are designed more for ATV riding, They have a hinge at the bottom and they are by far the most comfortable boots ive ever worn, I almost feel like im wearing shoes, maybe when your tech 8s are lookin old, try a pair.

gizmocor
07-29-2004, 10:39 AM
I've been hooked on the side panels as well as the rear fenders. Glad to hear I'm not the only one, might want to try some fullbore that doesn't have the sidepanel.

BSTURDIVANT
07-29-2004, 02:38 PM
I tore the whole back of my tech 8's off when i had my yfz500! I couldnt keep from gettn hooked under the plastic with my boots, bet i couldnt fall off with out gettn hooked!!:mad: