PDA

View Full Version : DMC Alien or Curtis Sparks

rcwrules
06-24-2004, 09:08 PM
What would give me more power on my 400ex?

Florida400EX
06-24-2004, 09:17 PM
You should be shot for asking that!!!! Curtis Sparks will make the DMC look like a baby!

400ex men
06-24-2004, 09:21 PM
the Curtis Sparks but the x6

s-10s_rule
06-24-2004, 09:49 PM
Weeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, I hate to say anything against a Curtis Sparks pipe cuz I cant, no personal expreience, I just wanna say one little thing. The DMC pipe I believe is the only aftermarket pipe that has equal legnth primary tubes on its header, and this is a good thing for midrange torque, I think they are pretty close on a dyno, but Sparks will beat it, maybe a DMC header with a Sparks slip on, wonder what that would do? You should gain some midrange torque with a DMC, but highly doubt it will outrun a Sparks head to head.

TC426EX
06-24-2004, 09:58 PM
The alien is a gimmick, the Sparks will Crush it... My friend that has the Z400 with the Phillipine Fallaparts has an alien and it is more for show than performance... The dual outlet rear is just an insert that sits in about 2 inches deep. The rear of it looks like it is all riveted together, and machined all nice, but it is all one piece with the small core inside and is only for show. The alien is made by some big conglomerate corporation "allied performance" or something like that and they dont recieve the in depth personalized testing that Sparks ( a reputable engine builder) puts into his products. Hands down the X-6 is the best pipe Ive ever used and I would never use anything else!! Im not a fan of the alien at all, go with the Sparks!!

MichaelS693
06-24-2004, 10:57 PM
hands down... sparks:)

K_Fulk
06-25-2004, 03:03 AM
Power wise your not going to see a huge diffrence between the two. I would give the nod power wise to the sparks.

Build wise the dmc is built a lot stronger and will hold up a longer.

I've owned the original dmc and two diffrent dmc's.
My dislikes about the dmc was getting my boots melted and it went through a lot of packing. My only dislike about the sparks is the overall construction is kinda cheap.