View Full Version : black for 05

robman
06-24-2004, 12:30 PM
That's it,black plastic for 05.From what I can see they didn't change anything.Does anyone know more?I'm not impressed:confused:

tkwarrior
06-24-2004, 05:25 PM
This topic has been beat to death already. I'm sure if you do a search you can find many topics on this issue.

WOracing
06-26-2004, 11:27 AM
Im just curious but what were you expecting???:confused:

robman
06-27-2004, 10:19 PM
I expected a little effert:confused: .Time to rob a bank to feed the cash cow.

WOracing
06-28-2004, 11:05 AM
Im still not getting what your trying to say, i mean its just another color like yelllow on the 400ex...if you want more colors look into aftermarket plastics:)

CdaleXtreme
06-28-2004, 12:08 PM
To hek with the colors. How about some updates. Like an FCR carb, Revised linkage. a few odds and ends like that would be nice. Its appearent that Honda wants to make money off of this bike, but thast about it. There are privateer dirtbike riders that get more support than Tim Farr has. He doesnt even have a Honda rig, or anything. its just him and baldwin. Maybe they like it that way. But Im sure they wouldnt mind a hired hand or six. I guess we will see who emerges as the best as the years come. Lets just hope history doesnt repeat itself like it did back in the 80s. We shall see.

WOracing
06-28-2004, 12:20 PM
Well at least someone clarified that instead of making it sound like he was mad about the color;)

06-28-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by CdaleXtreme
To hek with the colors. How about some updates. Like an FCR carb, Revised linkage. a few odds and ends like that would be nice. Its appearent that Honda wants to make money off of this bike, but thast about why else would they be making the bike??? :huh :huh....of course its for money

CdaleXtreme
06-28-2004, 12:43 PM
Well of course your right, But How about a little customer appreciation. In then end whoever caters to their customer Will win out I think. At least in the racing market.

06-28-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by CdaleXtreme
Well of course your right, But How about a little customer appreciation. In then end whoever caters to their customer Will win out I think. At least in the racing market. your cannondales didnt

Hammer trx450r
06-28-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
your cannondales didnt

I'm alittle surprised that it will have same setup. I thought for sure they would fix the rear link

06-28-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Hammer trx450r
I'm alittle surprised that it will have same setup. I thought for sure they would fix the rear link me too...i guess you have to do that on your own

robman
06-29-2004, 11:29 AM
I'm just pissed cause i like Honda,if i didn't i wouldn't care.They build a solid machine but i'll bet the 450r was supposed to be a 650r and corners were cut.Still you can't complain too much when you look at the price.

r450rr
06-29-2004, 01:12 PM
what makes you think that honda(pretty much the biggest name in the world besides coca cola.) would cut corners.. i am sure they new that yamaha was making a 450.. and they wasnt suprised..i believe they tested this bike for a long time.. and i dont believe that half the time they tested it, it had a 650 motor in it.

06-29-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by r450rr
what makes you think that honda(pretty much the biggest name in the world besides coca cola.) would cut corners.. i am sure they new that yamaha was making a 450.. and they wasnt suprised..i believe they tested this bike for a long time.. and i dont believe that half the time they tested it, it had a 650 motor in it. i wonder if honda made a 650 machine if it would be like the craptors? with their reliabilty issues & handling characteristics? it makes me shudder just thinking about honda doing that

robman
07-01-2004, 10:58 AM
The mag said the 650r will be the same except for the motor.That makes me scratch my head.:huh

Jonas
07-04-2004, 05:12 PM
what information is this thread based on??? A magazine?

robman
07-06-2004, 04:47 PM
It's based on common sense.The difference between a Race quad and a trail quad, (R) being the key letter.If you know quads you know what i'm talking about.

suzukitony64
08-11-2004, 08:30 PM
bottom line is production costs , to change a product like a quad overnight doesnt make sence compared to doin it on a larger more competative market , like sportbikes but has the quad thing gets big it will happen, besides the Z has no "R" and it smoked the comp with gust yet did anyone have anything close to his crew and setup. its not all machine its the team effert that counts. I bet yam and honda have taken cue's from suzuki:macho