PDA

View Full Version : FMF megamaxx2, powercore4 or supertrapp ids2?? Im really confused on what to get.

RedRage300ex
03-26-2002, 05:13 PM
I just cant decide on which one to buy. I like the supertrapp but I also like the powercore 4. I just cant decide and would like some opinions on which one yall think is better and why. BTW when you scroll down to post a thread what is the post a poll thing do?

ny300exrider
03-26-2002, 05:17 PM
i posted a reply to your atvtime thread, but ill do one here too. I would say go with a wite brothers e-series slip-on or a yoshimura comp slip-on. Both pipes have good power and sound better than stock. They will probably have alittle more power and a more throaty sound then the supertrapp. I dont really know much about the fmf but i have heard the others are better

good luck on your decision,
later

nacs400ex
03-26-2002, 07:12 PM
I have a White Bros. E-Series Full system with a K&N powerup and i love the little bit off power it added. Well the supertrapp isnt as good as the fmf megamaxx2, my friend has a powercore but it is 4 a 2-stroke, they sound like ****. I like my throaty white bros pipe and you could make me change it unless it was a CT pipe :)

EX Fanatic
03-26-2002, 07:18 PM
I have a 300EX with a Power Core on it and I love it. I love the sound of it!!! ;)

03-26-2002, 07:22 PM
hey,
i have the FMF MegaMax II and it did a great wonder to my quad. of course i also put the K&N power kit on it too. i like the sound way better then the stock. also the pwer gains are pretty good as well. i was looking at the white bros but from what i read the MegaMax II was for me. It adds a lot in the low end and a pretty good gain in the mid and top.

nacs400ex
03-26-2002, 07:22 PM
I have heard the white Bros is throatier tho ?! as in more bark, and more bite ?!!!!???? i dont know tho, i havent tried the 4-stroke powercore, i only tried a little blaster with a powercore on it

WHITE BROS FULL SYSTEM cuz the 300ex's header pipe is very small !

PDunes300ex
03-26-2002, 09:33 PM
i have the powercore IV on my 300 and it does make a noticeable difference across the boards. Lets face it, the 300 is just plain slow so who needs to draw attention to it with a super loud exhaust. The megamaxx is just plain ugly no matter how you look at it. Whatever brand you choose just make sure to get a bigger headpipe cause the stock one is all choked up.

Just my $.02

Tom Lynn
03-27-2002, 10:28 AM
White Bothers E-series They r really good my best friend put one on and he got 7 hp out of it. :devil

kaneman23
03-27-2002, 11:04 AM
Please tell me you are joking about the 7hp..

JB's 400ex
03-27-2002, 12:47 PM
I would just like to confirm the throatier comment on the e-series slip-on. RedRocket has an FMF and the e-series is a little throatier. As for HP difference they feel different but it is hard to isolate were at. They both probably add a little but the thing about the e-series is that it is tuneable without changing jetting.

03-27-2002, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Tom Lynn
my best friend put one on and he got 7 hp out of it. :devil

Thats a big negative on that good buddy,,not possible on a thumper..:cool: