PDA

View Full Version : blaster question

250xrider909
06-24-2004, 10:06 AM
my buddie has an 04 blaster and hes got full fmf pipes and airfilter and jus put the oil block off kit..He starts it and rides it for a few minutes and jus dies out?!? wuts wrong with the thing it seems to run fine with the choke on please helpp us out man:confused: :confused:

blasterkiller14
06-24-2004, 10:30 AM
i dont know much about balsters but try and adjust the carb settings or something.

Toadz400
06-24-2004, 10:40 AM
Did he put oil in the gas? If he didn't he probably seized the engine.

If there is oil, the jetting is probably messed up.

blasterkiller14
06-24-2004, 10:42 AM
The newer blasters mix the gas and oil automatially so you dont have too, right? See if there is oil in the small container at the rear of the bike.

MIKE400EX
06-24-2004, 12:28 PM
Put a 300 main jet in there and work your way down (number wise). Mixing oil, instead of using the injector system will make the mixture leaner. Hope the motor is not already toast.:(

nakomis0
06-24-2004, 12:44 PM
I'm sure the guy put oil in his gas, if hes smart enought to but on an oil block off hes gotta have the common sense for that.

It could be a jetting issue. Checking out the plug color should give you an idea.

Other than that, if the bike starts... rides for a bit then dies. Then after it sits awhile starts again. Thats what a cdi does when it goes out. but a 2004 with a bad cdi already is a long shot.

Swap cdis with another blaster see if that fixes the problem, or test for spark after it dies out. (testing for spark doesnt work very well cause it could still give a faint or irregular spark).

Quad Dude
06-25-2004, 08:55 AM
if it dies out after a while riding maybe hes put too much oil in with the gas and is not alowing the fuel to burn right happened to my sled last winter so go new plugs and and extra gas to lean it out a bit seemed to help didnt ride much cuz there wasnt much snow

hope that helps