PDA

View Full Version : Honda Techs

Alberta_Qaudin
06-24-2004, 08:35 AM
So i take my quad into honda for a warrenty servicing, all that good s*** first they dont put 15w 50 in like i asked them too, and the tick that was in my engine is 100 X's worse, so back to the shop it goes and it better be done buy the long weekend, dont ya hate when you expect to get something back fixed and its still screwed

FF1O5
06-24-2004, 08:41 AM
what is the tick in the motor?vavles?you could probably save some money and change the oil yourself and get it done right the first time!

TRX45OR
06-24-2004, 08:44 AM
ya whats the tick mine's doing it too it pisses me off

Admin
06-24-2004, 08:56 AM
Please control your language on the site!

Alberta_Qaudin
06-24-2004, 09:22 AM
i appologise for the language.....the tick it like a really loud click/clank up the top of my motor, i'm assuming its the valves and they messed up adjustin them or sothing, but i'mnot really sure...only reason i took it into the was because of the ticking and cause its all warrenty work

Ralph
06-24-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Alberta_Qaudin
i appologise for the language.....the tick it like a really loud click/clank up the top of my motor, i'm assuming its the valves and they messed up adjustin them or sothing, but i'mnot really sure...only reason i took it into the was because of the ticking and cause its all warrenty work

it seems like the honda mechanics are nothing more than the average joe with a clymer.

Alberta_Qaudin
06-24-2004, 10:44 AM
k well i i just took it to be looked at at a honda racing place around the corner, he said something about some decompression valve or some ****blew some air threw some places on the bike and now the tick it almost gone and whats left he says is the "HONDA TICK" and that if ididnt want it to tick i sould bought a 300 instead

Ralph
06-24-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Alberta_Qaudin
k well i i just took it to be looked at at a honda racing place around the corner, he said something about some decompression valve or some ****blew some air threw some places on the bike and now the tick it almost gone and whats left he says is the "HONDA TICK" and that if ididnt want it to tick i sould bought a 300 instead

it should tick a littlebit, and ur gonna need em redone after a little while after everything loosens up cause there will be play in the valves again. Is this bike brand new?

TRX45OR
06-24-2004, 11:05 AM
MINE HAS HAD TWO OIL CHANGES THATS NEW TO ME

Alberta_Qaudin
06-24-2004, 11:45 AM
its about 4 months old, but thats what it went in for was to get the valves adjusted and **** and it came back with the tick, i took it over to a honda race shop around the corner and he ****ed around with some things for about half an hour and now you can bearly hear the tick

400exmom
06-24-2004, 11:55 AM
my 400 has ticked for at least 6 months now i was told to ignore it from a friend.. but i have ran the pizz outa mine for 2 year and she's never left me stranded!
BUT if i only had it 4 months and it started doin that i would be a dealers worst nightmare:devil:

Alberta_Qaudin
06-24-2004, 11:58 AM
i've beena pain in they're *** for about 3 weeks now, but now that its bearly noticable again i'm alright, if it gets loud again then they havent seen the end of me yet