PDA

View Full Version : FMF Q-series???

03-26-2002, 04:32 PM
I havent heard much about this pipe in here..ANy one know anything?

MadcapEX
03-26-2002, 04:38 PM
All I can tell you is it AINT CHEAP!

ny300exrider
03-26-2002, 05:18 PM
it sounds kinda bad, sticks out past grab-bar and is muchos dineros. id stay with the yoshi.

03-26-2002, 05:51 PM
I just bought one for my 99 400 along with a powerbong header, k&n filter and dynojet kit. I love it!! One of the main things that I was concerned with were the sound levels. This is why I went for the Q instead of a White Bros. or Yoshi. It is not much louder than stock but deffinately deeper. I feel a lot of added low end and midrange power with this setup! more than any of my friend's bikes(same setup just different pipes like the pro circuit, and big gun). Also, i have a trailtech speedo and before i was reading 69.6 with my stock motor. now it reads about 71.3! I am really happy and reccommend this to anyone looking for a good power-adding, nice sounding(but quiet) aftermarket pipe!

03-27-2002, 01:43 PM
thanks yall.....theres 2 completely diff opinions now...one of my main concernd its also the sound level..I dont wanna loud pipe...so some more responses would help

knighttime
03-27-2002, 02:00 PM
Get the q-series. It'll still give u the power u r after.

03-27-2002, 04:03 PM
I've got the Q and I like it. True it does stick out a bit with the stock headpipe but that hasn't been an issue for me. The noise level is nothing when compared to a Yoshi. I have owned both and I prefer the quiet ride over the headaches. Both pipes are quality pipes. Either one is a good choice. My theory is "to each their own", its your money, buy what you want.

03-27-2002, 04:26 PM
thanks again...SO the pipe sticks outpast the grabbar to where if i sit it back it will ruin it? And also if i get the powerbomb(which im not planning on) it wont stick out?? THanks
Jon

knighttime
03-27-2002, 05:08 PM
But and aftermarket grab bar will do the trick to fix that problem. I'm though gonna get an aftermarket subframe to fix the problem.:D

maxthrottle
03-27-2002, 05:33 PM
I have a Yoshi and its great. You can let it rip when you want or get the tuning kit and the pipe isnt much louder than stock. I heard that it puts out more power too then the Q.

03-27-2002, 10:38 PM
I have the q series on my 400, granted maybe an RS-3 might give more power my buddy and I ride at night and sneak off to some wood near my house so I need quiet, and as far as the grab bar, it even with it, I fell back in the G bar after I got it and it scratched the end a little but no big deal, it a sweet pipe, I noticed a pretty nice difference

knighttime
03-27-2002, 11:57 PM
riding in stealth mode at night is never wrong

:eek:

:cool:

ny300exrider
04-06-2002, 10:27 AM
i have to re-say my statement., i was not trying to diss the q. i too like to be quiet and i actually think the q is good...i am real dum for getting some of that info from bluetraxx. I have now seen and researched alittle on it and it seems to be an awsome pipe. i am getting a 400 most likely, so i won't have to pipe it because it has enough power for me right now(12 years old. don't diss on me that im young and gettin a mans quad. i want something to have for a long time without goin crazy on mods). but when i do feel the need for a new pipe, then i will decide...but after searchin i think i like the q pipe , so now all opinions are alike:)