PDA

View Full Version : Stroker kit

TC440EX
06-24-2004, 01:06 AM
I am considering a stroker kit. I currently have a IMS440 kit with 11.6 compression. WC stage 2, Ported head, modified stock carb. (i know i need to change this too), Big Gun pipe with large head pipe. Any info on this will be much appreciated.

INFANTRY RACING
06-24-2004, 05:32 AM
i may be selling a stroker bottom end soon due to a snaped timing chain.

TC440EX
06-24-2004, 10:12 AM
Is this a common problem? How much will you sell it for? What are you changing to?

INFANTRY RACING
06-24-2004, 06:18 PM
the timimg chaiun isn't common. i am not sure if i am selling yet but i may be if i get a trx450

olimj
06-24-2004, 07:41 PM
IR,

Didn't you just build that motor recently? I'm thinking of doing something similar (with pump gas compression), so I'd be interested to know what your builder says about it.

modracer5
06-24-2004, 07:57 PM
when my 465 motor was built we had some problems getting a piston for my stroker. 4mm stroke on 89mm--440 piston. I could not find anybody that makes an off the shelf piston for 89mm with a 4mm offset. we ended up having .100 or .120 shaved off the top of a regular 11.5 ? wisco 89mm piston to get clearance in the motor. i can dig up my notes for exact part numbers and dimensions if you plan to go forward with this project.
the only downside to this is every rebuild i have a one off piston to replace. if you go back to 416 or 426 bore you can buy an off the shelf pison with the offset for the crank. i think it is ims who makes a sleeve that fits in your sleeve that takes it back down in bore.

INFANTRY RACING
06-24-2004, 08:19 PM
theres no one off piston needed for my motor. any wiesco or je piston for a 400ex will work.they do require having the skirt trimed

yeah this motor is pretty new. i was riding yesteday and snaped the timing chain. it didn't do to much damage. chain and the guides are shot.

i did however have a nice scratch in the cylinder . i believe the guy that i had gap the rings ****ed it up and did them wrong. so now i need a new cylinder and maybe a piston. the piston appears fine but i don't know if i wanna reuse it even though it only has 15 hours on it or so.

as far as engine builder i did all the work.. i learnder not to trust the guy that does the bore and ring gaping though
:mad: