PDA

View Full Version : liking the stock shocks over works?

Out_Sider
06-23-2004, 11:05 PM
I have a set of dual rate works and they are REALLY stiff, and when i took them off to ride on my stockers with the +2's i put them on there softest setting, and they felt AWESOME, i love the works rear shock, but the fronts are way stiff..could they be valved wrong, or is it mostly because the clip is all the way stiff, my dad is taking them to be loosend all the way and we'll see how they are.

muff
06-24-2004, 08:03 AM
what do you mean by the clip is all the way stiff? i'm not sure what clip that is

where did you order them from? did you give them your exact specs and everything? do you have compression adjust?

Out_Sider
06-24-2004, 09:10 AM
the preload adjustment is all the way down, when it could go up. they are works dual rate w/out rezzys, no other adjustments

muff
06-24-2004, 09:31 AM
yea back off the preload a lot and see how it rides...should be noticably different

Out_Sider
06-24-2004, 11:30 AM
well, we backed the preload all the way off..and the spring wouldnt go back to the top..so we put it were the springs stayed, but it still seems a good bit softer..i havent rode on them yet, but i will as soon as possible

Out_Sider
06-24-2004, 05:49 PM
WHOA :D i like these ALOT better than the stock ones.. its amazing what a little adjustment can do. i cant wait to race on these saturday :macho :D :cool:

muff
06-24-2004, 05:53 PM
sweet, many people dont take the time to adjust stuff...glad to know you like the improvements...good luck at your race

PEPwalshZ440
06-24-2004, 06:46 PM
haha wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllll awesum