PDA

View Full Version : 90 pounder on a banshee with +2's

Florida400EX
06-23-2004, 10:46 PM
I'm asking this question for a friend. He is short, and skinny. He rides MX, and wants +2 a arms. He weighs 90 pounds and wants to know if he can get away with stock suspension on the +2's, considering how light he is. Let me know.

thanks

ridered03
06-23-2004, 11:49 PM
does that banshee get any traction with him on there??? lol I think they might due with the exceptions of any really big jumps.

Florida400EX
06-24-2004, 12:00 AM
i thaught the same thing. it does fine with him on there. Even with a kid that light, the suspension will still bottom?

muff
06-24-2004, 08:01 AM
he could try it out for a little bit and see how it is. it wont soak up the bigger stuff, the shock will just be pretty constant and wont seem to stiffen up as he goes through the travel. how did the stock setup work for him?

Florida400EX
06-24-2004, 09:39 AM
As of now, when he goes over braking bumps, it throws him around a little bit. I set the compression softer and went down on the rebound on the rear, and I think the fronts on plus 2's may work out good. He's only 12, so he doesn't hit really big stuff, mainly just little 40 foot tabletops and like 30 foot doubles. I just want to know if the stock will be TOO soft for even him.

thanks

Toadz400
06-24-2004, 10:44 AM
Get him a TRX90! lol jk

Wow that kid is tiny and young...don't know if he should really be on a Banshee, especially trying to race MX.

You could probably try the +2 arms but they probably wouldn't work the best until you got shocks valved for 90 lbs...:huh

Florida400EX
06-24-2004, 12:35 PM
I know I know he's too small and a bit young for a banshee, but it's the only quad he can fit correctly on and still move around, due to the high pegs, and in general small fit. He tried my EX, and he had trouble leaning. He is maybe 5 feet tall, if that. He handles it just fine, and doesnt race, just rides MX at practice.

400exstud
06-29-2004, 02:39 PM
The problem with the banshee is that it takes too much clutch work to get it going (if its stock). My 400ex works great on a mx track and I got it when I was 5ft. I am 14 now and am doing 80ft tabletops. I am not saying that I never roll it though.:blah:

Toadz400
06-29-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by 400exstud
The problem with the banshee is that it takes too much clutch work to get it going (if its stock). My 400ex works great on a mx track and I got it when I was 5ft. I am 14 now and am doing 80ft tabletops. I am not saying that I never roll it though.:blah:

I got my Banshee when I was 14, two years ago, when I was probably about 5'4" or taller and I handled it just fine...it was my first high-performance quad too, since I just moved up from our family's 1984 LT185. Last fall I got the 400EX which was a somewhat better fit and a lot easier to ride.

I don't think I should've gotten the Banshee when I was that young, especially since it was my first high-performance quad, but I was mature enough to know how to operate it and not do anything stupid. I survived the stock Banshee and moved up to pipes, wow did that wake it up!

That 12 year old kid really shouldn't be riding that Banshee, especially since he's that small...but it sounds like he's mature enough to handle it, considering he hasn't killed himself yet...

I'd say go with the +2 a-arms since the kid weighs so little, maybe it won't matter since you want the suspension soft anyway. Good luck...and make sure that kid wears a helmet!

Florida400EX
06-29-2004, 06:32 PM
hah, you try to tell a kid with parents worth over 40 million and see what happens. The chance of getting him off this quad will only leed to him buying a yfz450. I just wanted to know he could get away with stock suspension.

Toadz400
06-29-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Florida400EX
hah, you try to tell a kid with parents worth over 40 million and see what happens. The chance of getting him off this quad will only leed to him buying a yfz450. I just wanted to know he could get away with stock suspension.

:huh

I hate rich kids...I work at a crummy job for my quads:o , oh well it's worth it...I just wish I got paid at least a few more dollars an hour...

If his parents are worth over $40 million...why doesn't he just buy some cheap Works shocks?? I'm sure $300 out of $40 million isn't going to make much of a dent:o

Florida400EX
06-29-2004, 07:05 PM
heh, i ment 40 million EACH parent lol.... yeah ill just tell him to buy a lobo II front end cause thats all they make so that way i can use it!

Toadz400
06-29-2004, 10:18 PM
Ha...definately. Tell him that there is a guy in Wisconsin that needs at least $5000....tell him to take it out of his allowance for the week:rolleyes: . lol...I would kill to be that kid, as long as his parents gave him money.