PDA

View Full Version : I NEED SOME HELP, I lost my brakes

bigbadbrad
03-26-2002, 04:17 PM
i was riding in the snow the other day and i was coming down a hill on my 97 300ex and i lost my rear brakes.
my pads were worn alot but there was still some pad to stop with
i think it is the brake line.
the resoiver had no more fluid in it do i added more and they still dont work
when i press on the pedal there is almost no resistance at all
should i get a master cylinder rebiuld kit?
i'm gonna get new brake lines, should they be steel braided? what brand of lines is best?
thanx in advance
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

MadcapEX
03-26-2002, 04:24 PM
If the master cylinder was empty,the lines are full of air,did you bleed them? :confused:

bigbadbrad
04-03-2002, 05:18 PM
no i put it away for the winter but i ordered some steelbraided brakelines from jl the other day and i got some new pads 2 put on it. will the stell braided help much?:confused:

pbarr86
04-12-2002, 02:16 PM
I agree w/ MadcapEX, sounds like all you really need to do is bleed them. Unless of course you found a hole in your breakline then you need to replace the brakeline THEN bleed them.

Paul

bigbadbrad
04-12-2002, 02:22 PM
i was going to buy steel braided lines soon or later. might as well be sooner. got them the other day. they look sweet. i'm gonna get them put on this week.:D

PoopOna400EX
04-12-2002, 07:31 PM
You'll have the same problem once you put your new lines in, just make sure you bleed them, then you'll be all good to go...

Good luck,

~Jason

bigbadbrad
04-13-2002, 01:40 PM
thanxs for all the help guys
this site is extremly helpful.
i got some steel braided lines. i'm gonna have them put on and bled this week.
:D

bigbadbrad
04-19-2002, 09:21 PM
i put new pads on the old pads were worn to the medal and one came out in 2 pieces.
the brakes still are not working good. iput on a parking brake block off and fluid is comming ou of the edges of it and my brakes are realy mushy
i need some help so i can fix it soon

Leo
04-19-2002, 10:01 PM
if you've got fluid coming out from between the caliper, and the parking brake blockoff plate, you've got troubles :(

sounds like it's time to rebuild the rear caliper to me...!

Leo

04-19-2002, 11:57 PM
sounds like it's time to rebuild the rear caliper to me...!

I would guarantee it as the block off is just a fancy dust cover and will not hold back anything of pressure. The o-ring seal in the caliper is shot and you can either track down a $.25 oring or just get the rebuild kit from the dealer. But dont worry its real easy:)

Well a lot easier than most would think.

bigbadbrad
04-20-2002, 06:07 AM
how do u do a caliper rebuild? i think it says how in my service manual. how much does that cost? where can i get one? i just put new brake pads, steel brake line, hand guards, twist throtle, tag x-5 bars, and a clucth pak so i dont have much money.
is this something i can get a my local honda motorpool(dealer)?
or through a catoluge? thanks every one but i am short on cash, very short, dont have a job yet(het i am only 14 and as if my parents paid for any part of my ex, they did not even want me to get it. thanks for the help

p.s. leo this is one of the most helpfull sites on the net. thanks for making such a good site. it's my favorite and it's gonna be my home page. thanks again leo :)

04-20-2002, 12:35 PM
I do not rember the price but that makes me think it was cheap.