PDA

View Full Version : Smaller fcr accelerator pump

K_Fulk
06-23-2004, 09:21 PM
Any one ever try one of these out. http://www.mxsouth.com/factoryrd/facp38.htm

Quadzilla
06-23-2004, 09:33 PM
The new 40mm FCR's are less prone to bogging the motor and they can be fixed for next to nothing with the BK mod and the older style FCR's (39mm and 41mm) can be fixed with the Taffy mod for next to nothing as well. Both these mods are covered well on thumpertalk.com....

RIDER11X
06-23-2004, 11:39 PM
I thought Lectrons bogged and FCR's were not bogging......:confused:

Chef
06-23-2004, 11:43 PM
Yea, it works great. I have run that exact thing on my FCR's for like 2 years.

Quadzilla
06-24-2004, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
I thought Lectrons bogged and FCR's were not bogging......:confused:

Nope, FCR's bog when nailed wide open from down low. I have my 40mm adjusted all the way in on the factory mounted squirt timing/duration adjuster for the accel pump. 97% of the time there is no bog, but if I'm really low in the rpm's and nail it wide open, there can be a very very slight bog. If I do the BK mod, there will be no bog at all as I'll be able to adjust the squirt duration down to almost 0. Right now my duration is just under a second. Optimum is about .5 of a second.

I did the Taffy mod to my 39mm FCR and it eliminated ALL the bog. Like I said in an earlier post, the newer generation 40mm (the 39mm and 41mm are still the old generation FCR) virtually eliminate all the bog if adjusted properly (as is the case with mine). The 39mm and 41mm cannot be ajusted that far down without a mod (Taffy). Thumpertalk.com has all the spicifics and the parts for the mods can be purchased for about $2 :D