PDA

View Full Version : Stearing dampner and rezzy's

hondarider2006
06-23-2004, 09:03 PM
I got a Denton stearing stabalizer from C&D, and I am trying to find a spot to stick my Elka rezzys. Anyone have some pictures?? I couldn't find any searching with Elkas. Thanks -Nick-

K_Fulk
06-23-2004, 09:26 PM
Put the cans on the side rails

Edit I picked this from small pictures, but anyways where the blacktape and hose clamp is where im talking about. When i took this picture last year my shocks were getting revalved.

hondarider2006
06-23-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by K_Fulk
Put the cans on the side rails

Edit I picked this from small pictures, but anyways where the blacktape and hose clamp is where im talking about. When i took this picture last year my shocks were getting revalved.

Thanks for the picture. BTW my elkas came with some rubber pieces to put behind the rezzys, but it makes them stick out quite a bit. Do I have to use these rubber pieces, or just clamp them onto my frame??

K_Fulk
06-23-2004, 09:39 PM
I just put mine on the frame. I have peps though if it makes a diffrence.

muff
06-23-2004, 10:06 PM
i'd use the rubber mounts :p

heres how its done: i have one of the front ressies on the front rail, and the other front ressie and the rear ressie on those down tubes that the oil tank is on

hondarider2006
06-24-2004, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by muff
i'd use the rubber mounts :p

heres how its done: i have one of the front ressies on the front rail, and the other front ressie and the rear ressie on those down tubes that the oil tank is on

I have them mounted on those down tubed the oil tank is on, I just moved them was I was installing my dampner last night, but was afraid my a-arms were gonna hit them. Doesn't look like its gonna be a problem though:cool:

redroost85
06-24-2004, 08:13 AM
If ya went with the PEP dampner Nick, you wouldn't have to worry about that, lol!;)

muff
06-24-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by redroost85
If ya went with the PEP dampner Nick, you wouldn't have to worry about that, lol!;)

but then you would loose the easy 7-click adjustment, and save the crazy hassle of mounting those things ;) i would never buy one of those dampers

redroost85
06-24-2004, 01:19 PM
Don't be hating muff, lol!:p

Indeed they are a PITA to mount...and I wish I had a couple more adjustments too....wait...why in the world did I buy one?:confused:

Oh that's right...a sponsor gave me one...oh yeah?!:devil:

I will say that I am certain that the Denton is far superior to the PEP....a friend has one on his 416 and his drives like a dam Cadillac!:( :D

fyffe23
06-24-2004, 01:46 PM
i put my denton on and it snapped in half:eek: :confused: :grr: :mad: :huh :confused2 :( .all those expressions were present when it happened.

muff
06-24-2004, 02:31 PM
yea i guess you cant complain about a free damper :p

fyffe23 how/why did it break in half :eek:

Paul400ex2002
06-24-2004, 05:22 PM
my friend had a 400ex with the LSR/PEP LT front end like i had, and he had a PEP before he got a bigger oil tank, but he sold it to me since it wouldn't fit with the tank, and I LOVED it, as did he. He went to a denton after he sold me his PEP and said it sucked, and that it didn't work half as good as his PEP (which we both ran on the middle hardness) with the denton on full hard. Just one story, not saying that denton sucks, just what one rider had to say.