View Full Version : kill switch questions.

400exbiggun
06-23-2004, 07:35 PM
Hey guys, im finally finishing my 8 month long build and am assembling my electrical. I have no lights, so i took off all that extra wiring. Also no key at this time. And i have the on/off kill switch that comes stock and A Pro Design kill switch.

My question is, do i need the on/off one? can i just use the teather?

And one wire goes to the coil bolt...where does the other one go?

hondarider2006
06-23-2004, 09:24 PM
I took that whole headlight/killswitch/start button assembly off of my quad, wired in my gunnar teather as a kill switch, using a KX kill button for a start button, and took my lights out.

muff
06-23-2004, 09:58 PM
heres what you do...simplify things even more, (and what i did) wire the tether into the on/off slider wires. since you already have it installed it might just be easier to get rid of the slider, but its up to you. my electrical has been chopped quite a bit as well :p

400exbiggun
06-24-2004, 08:29 AM
yes mine is a 2 stroke so i dont have to worry about electrical starts...so i could very well then have the teather as my only kill switch correct?

There is VERY few wires on my tecate now. All the lights were removed for racing, and so were their wires.

and lastly which wire on the teather is the ground? Or does it not matter?

muff
06-24-2004, 09:33 AM
on the tether, the longer wire is the ground. if you hook them up incorrectly you will get a nice shock when you pull the cord off :p

400exbiggun
06-24-2004, 02:43 PM
sorry to keep sounding stupid...but my wires were cut (used kill switch) and both are the exact same length... there is one on the end of the kill switch, the part that the clip goes in and out. And ther is one in the body.
So now which is the ground?