PDA

View Full Version : Beat Shocks

87Warrior
03-26-2002, 03:21 PM
What are the best shocks for the money, around 300 give or take 150 for the front?

NacsRacing400
03-26-2002, 03:30 PM
If you are looking for newshocks in the 300-450 range then your only choice is works, you might be able to get works triples with rezzies but that might be alittle over 450. Axis is definatley not for you and elkas start in the 550's with no rezzies. What kind of riding do you do?

03-26-2002, 05:47 PM
If you have the money and the time for them to come in, then i would go with PEP. They are excellent. Highly recommended.
Just ask any of the 80% of pro riders that use them.

Nausty
03-26-2002, 06:26 PM
works is really your only choice but if your big on motorcross you should get elka's or pep or axis.

Leo
03-26-2002, 06:54 PM
I believe that elka now makes a triple rate shock w/ ssd but without a remote resevoir.. not sure on the price, but I'm sure it's cheaper than the ones with resevoirs..

The best part is you can have the ressy's added later if you decide you want/need them.

Leo

03-26-2002, 09:15 PM
They make Elka's without rezzie's and they are very comparable to works prices. The Triple rates come standard with SSD. When getting rezzied shocks you can choose between a remote rezzie or piggyback with no extra charge. 5/8" shafts and threaded preload is standard on all shocks.

Economy with out a rezzie
Economy with remote rezzie no compression adj.

Piggyback or Remote rezzie with Rebound and Compression adj. or just compression

Long Travel's Rebound and compression adj. Or just with Compression is the same price as standard length shocks

Elite's Titanium plated shafts, High and low Speed compression adj.

In my opinion Elka's are the best shock on the market! For the money how can you get a shock with all the same options. Custom axis is way over priced. PEP use works shock bodies, Plus the Elka's are just as good as Custom Axis if not better.

Just my 2 cents

http://www.cdracingonline.com

Dave400ex
03-27-2002, 05:25 PM
I think Elka is the Best all Around. They are Priced Lower then the Rest, use better Materials then everybody else, and you can get them really Fast. I would go with Elka.

DiceMan400
03-27-2002, 09:40 PM
It is funny how some people say that this is the best shock or that is the best shock....... If you compare any aftermarket shock to a stock shock, ofcourse its gonna be the best shock....... The fact is you get what you can afford and the price range you are talkin about is gonna keep you from getting a great shock and you will just have to settle for a good shock like works...... Either way you are better than stock.......:D

Leo
03-28-2002, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by DiceMan400
It is funny how some people say that this is the best shock or that is the best shock....... If you compare any aftermarket shock to a stock shock, ofcourse its gonna be the best shock....... The fact is you get what you can afford and the price range you are talkin about is gonna keep you from getting a great shock and you will just have to settle for a good shock like works...... Either way you are better than stock.......:D

No doubt there, anything has to be better than the stock fronts.. Not much left to mine other than the spring, I don't think there is any damping left to them (or at least not very much!)...

Leo

Dave400ex
03-28-2002, 05:26 PM
Yes DiceMan400 is right. Any Shocks are going to be better then Stock. You have a Choice of How Much better then Stock you want. I think the Elka`s look the Best when you Compare all Shock Brands. Just get some Shocks. Any will be better then what you have Now.

joe250
03-30-2002, 02:30 PM
does anyone have works steelers dual rate? do yu like them? I was thinking about these for my 250ex.

Dave400ex
04-02-2002, 07:20 AM
Joe, You will be very Happy with the Works Shocks. I think there is some Guys on here that have them on their 250EX. I`m sure they are a lot better then Stock.