PDA

View Full Version : Is my clutch slipping??????

Cody_300ex
06-23-2004, 05:41 PM
I was putting my 300ex in my building today I stoped with my front wheels on the concrete and rear at the edge to move one of my puppys, and I put it in 1 gear and gave it a little gas and it did nothin but rev, not bog down or nothin. So I got a little suspious and went out on my track and held front brake and It di the samething in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. I didnt try it in any other gears tho. So is it my clutch or somethin else if so will it be able to handle a flat track race friday? And when i replace it what name brand should I get? and should I get h/d springs? Thanks guys

JDiablo
06-23-2004, 05:54 PM
yup:blah: if you do get new ones,i think stock would be best:confused: ?

Bill Fuller
06-23-2004, 05:55 PM
I wouldn't race it like that.You might as well send me your entry fee cause if you can't get power to the rear wheels you are going to loose,so why waste your cabbage?I would replace the clutch with stock Honda parts,I have used stock clutches in all my Hondas with much success.You can buy a better kit I'm sure but for the price and getting a season out of them I say stick with stock.

06-23-2004, 06:05 PM
dude..dont listen to fuller :blah: ..i used to think like he did untill i decided to buy the cheapest money wise clutch kit there is which is TUSK out of rockymountainatv.com ..this kit is AWESOME & dont think you get what you pay for b/c this kit does work..i ran it in my 400ex for along time & it held up perfect...

Cody_300ex
06-23-2004, 06:10 PM
thanks guys well it's not as bad as ya'll think it is i just need to be a bit more descriptive. Well If you hold the front brakes and ease out on the clutch it will bearly spin the for a second then it will catch. But when I replace it will i have to replace the clutch basket???

Toadz400
06-23-2004, 07:12 PM
Get the stock Honda parts. They will last you the longest, and especially don't get anything Tusk. Cheap brand that makes cheap products. It's pretty sad when their handlebars snap when riding a wheelie...
Everyone will agree that the stock Honda clutch plates are the best.

06-23-2004, 09:22 PM
:rolleyes: lol....do u have any experience with tusk clutch pads....i bet not...:rolleyes:

Toadz400
06-23-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
:rolleyes: lol....do u have any experience with tusk clutch pads....i bet not...:rolleyes:

Maybe I do:eek2: . Nah I don't, but I know someone who's used their other products, which were crap. I wouldn't trust anything else of theirs.

I would definately trust the Honda clutch products over the Tusk.

Btw- how long did you have the Tusk clutch pads in? or w/e you had that was Tusk.

ZapsRacing
06-23-2004, 09:59 PM
If you ride your 300 with your clutch slipping for very long it will completely wear out the clutch fibers and you WILL tear up your clutch basket. Other than that you shouldnt need a new basket, you can prolly get by with just fibers and no steels.