PDA

View Full Version : exhaust painting?

devildriver422
06-23-2004, 03:32 PM
hey i want to paint my exhaust and im jw if PC would work or cook off...if it doesnt work does high temp paint or engine paint work? thanks...and also how does frame paint do i wanna paint my a-arms too

Bill Fuller
06-23-2004, 05:10 PM
PM Pappy and ask him about the pipe.I know that it can be done and it is supposed to hold up well,it looks almost like a dull aluminium.I would PC the a arms also.

cals400ex
06-23-2004, 05:11 PM
you will need high temp paint for the exhaust. i would consider paint with ceramic in it on the headers. this may help retain some heat which will increase the exhaust speed out of the pipe.

for the a-arms, just make sure you use a high quality paint. i had mine done and they turned out like crap and even are chipping. i know i didn't send it to a professional. i just sanded them down and had them painted with a good spray paint. i wouldn't do this. mine didn't stick the best.

cals400ex
06-23-2004, 05:13 PM
yeah, bill snuck in a reply before i got mine in. yes, you can send the pipe off to get ceramic coated. this would retain the heat best. you could contact jet hot, calico, swain tech, hp coatings, performance coatings, etc. i believe the best one is swain tech because this one won't come off like other ceramic coatings after a few years. however, this coating is white and then you paint it yourself after they coat it. or you could leave it the pearly white that it comes with.

quadkrazy400ex
06-23-2004, 08:09 PM
get the exhaust coated from jet hot...cooler temps and you actually pick up some hp because they coat the inside and the outside, making it smooth that lessens exhaust restriction

http://www.jet-hot.com/

i was going to get my headpipe done unitl i got different exhaust, fill out the price estimate and they'll send you some information, actually i was very supprised when i did it, they sent me all kinds of information and dyno results, priority mail too...and its cheap

makes the pipe look chrome

http://www.jet-hot.com/pages/headercoatings.html