PDA

View Full Version : building a 250R race quad

tbyrd15
06-23-2004, 12:45 PM
i am in the process of turning my 87 250R into a race ready quad in time for the start of next season. i do not want to go all out and have a $30K quad, i just want a good competive quad and has i get i will build my quad better. i was wondering if anyone has any advice or tips to aid me in the process (maybe what to get, what to stay clear of...stuff like that.) I know ever one is going 4 stroke but, i love the R.

thanks

redrider05
06-23-2004, 03:48 PM
well i would deff get you frame gusseted up and powdercoated for strength because r have a pretty weak frame get yourself some nice a-arms Burgard makes some nice stuff.swingarm, axle rpm is the best but lonestar would do fine some elka or maybe some tcs front shocks then get your stock back revalved or zps by one of the two.get a good set of tires kenda klaws my choice with back beadlocks cause nuttin sucks more than having a back tire fly off the bead.now for the motor i would get it ported and put a new top end in it and a cool head from pro design.also get a good pipe i dont know what kind of tracks you race at but that will have alot to do with motor set up also you will need a good pipe i hear lrd and sparks make killer systems well i hope this helps you get your bike setup

4wheelboy
06-23-2004, 04:47 PM
dont know bout where u live but around here if u plan on racing a 2stroke your automaticaly coming home with a first place finish just becuase there no other competion. ;)

tbyrd15
06-24-2004, 07:26 AM
thanks for all the help