PDA

View Full Version : CR450F Engine on eBay

Toadz400
06-23-2004, 09:24 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2482742788&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Does this look like a good deal? The only thing that looks bad is the only bad thing is a piece of the metal is broken off of the exhaust manifold, but it looks like you'd be able to weld some aluminum on it or put a sealant on it to keep it from leaking. Also the bolt for the manifold is bent, but that can be bent back...

I'm looking for a cheap 450 engine and this one looks pretty good, even comes with the carb and CDI.

Shipping is also only $73 to my house.

Sc0
06-23-2004, 10:11 AM
Looks like a good start, the exhaust piece that broke can be rewelded and machined back down, and you might have to do the same to the exhaust stud boss... Maybe $75 from an experienced Heli-arc welder that knows aluminum...

Toadz400
06-23-2004, 11:49 AM
Yea, I'm sure my dad could pull it off. He's got years of experience with welding (didn't go to college for it though, just technical school and has been working with welding random stuff over the last 40 years). If he thinks he can't pull it off, which he knows when he can't do something and can admit it, I'd have a more experienced welder fix it up.

Anyone else have any comments on it?