PDA

View Full Version : Broken skid mounts

fasthonda450r
06-23-2004, 08:59 AM
i went to piru mx track on monday and bottomed out my frame and rippied my axracing full skid plate off:( My skid mount bent and the frame mounts completely ripped off. i think when i hit my skidd drug back about 4 inches. has anyone seen bracketry for the replacement for the stock mounts on the frame? should i try to weld new ones on the frame. rite now i dont have naything protecting my engine on the bottom, i cant even use the stock plastic one.oh yah i am using jdperfonmance +2 a-arms with stock front shocks. i think the front is too soft and thats why i bottomed out so easly?

dn1911
06-23-2004, 12:01 PM
the shocks are not valved for that kind of leverage so that could be a factor in bottoming out. i would call GT Thunder and ask Laz about a revalve.

look at you skid and as long as there are other mounts and they hold the whole skid tight i wouldn't worry about the two little one that broke. now if you need new ones i would make a braket and weld a bigger nut on the back side so a larger bolt can be used for more strength.

my prm skid has enough mounting points that the two under engine are not needed.

kbass24emtp
06-24-2004, 10:25 PM
I have a DG full skid and one of the mounts has a stress crack. I'm going to put some weather stripping on the skid to help soak up some of the shock from the skid, when it hits somthing or I bottom out.