PDA

View Full Version : help buying truck

fasterz
06-23-2004, 08:09 AM
hey ive been lookin for a used truck for some time now, im 17. yesterday at a dealer i found a 95 dodge ram its fully loaded and has the tow package with electronic braking, its got everything on it. the truck is spotless no dents or scratches. the thing im worried about is that it only has 26,000 miles on it. like why wouldnt you have more miles on it after that many years? the salesman said the previous ownwer of the truck is a contractor and he only used this truck to run errins to like church or the grocery store. the previous owner built all of these dealers so they knew the man well and the truck was hardly used and garage kept the entire time. it obviously was becuase the thing looks brand spankin new. they are asking 7895 for it which is great compared to i was lookin at other rams for 18,000. so do i go ahead and buy it? what should i look for on it? were gonan take it for the day today becuase he said we can try it out and make sure the quads fit in it and what not.

diesel-mech
06-23-2004, 09:22 AM
Becareful! Oil has to get up to 175 degrees F in order for the cleaning additives to work properly. If they used the truck to make short runs than it could be all gummed up inside although its got very low milage so it may not be to bad. It still sounds like a pretty good deal. They had a few problems but nothing to really worry about except the intake manifold gaskets. I've never seen one with a bad gasket but our local dodge dealer said the 5.9liters would blow the intake manifold gasket and have low power. Good luck with the truck