View Full Version : what to look out for when buying a truck

fasterz
06-23-2004, 08:05 AM
hey ive been lookin for a used truck for some time now, im 17. yesterday at a dealer i found a 95 dodge ram its fully loaded and has the tow package with electronic braking, its got everything on it. the truck is spotless no dents or scratches. the thing im worried about is that it only has 26,000 miles on it. like why wouldnt you have more miles on it after that many years? the salesman said the previous ownwer of the truck is a contractor and he only used this truck to run errins to like church or the grocery store. the previous owner built all of these dealers so they knew the man well and the truck was hardly used and garage kept the entire time. it obviously was becuase the thing looks brand spankin new. they are asking 7895 for it which is great compared to i was lookin at other rams for 18,000. so do i go ahead and buy it? what should i look for on it? were gonan take it for the day today becuase he said we can try it out and make sure the quads fit in it and what not.

sportraxkid
06-23-2004, 10:24 AM
Is it a 360 or is it a cummings
my dads got a dakota has a dakota and my bike fits in it. It seems to pull all 4 of our bike pretty easy 2. and its only got the 318.

400exrules
06-23-2004, 11:29 AM
dual exhaust :devil:

Butters
06-23-2004, 11:37 AM
sounds like a really good price on it to me because of the miles.
go to www.nada.com and check out what its worth.

redrider69
06-23-2004, 05:24 PM
look under make sure theres nuthin wrong with under carrage press down on eack side front and back and look for the shock to come up and keep b ouncin that means the shox are bad make sure horn, ac , electric wndws, everythin works see how much tread is on the tire if they are bout to need new ones bargain with them get at the back of the car and look down the side of it u can usually tell if one has been wrecked and fixed but jus make sure the little things work to look for frame rust

Karizz
06-23-2004, 05:31 PM
also get a carfax report on it,They are not always 100% accurate but it will give you some sort of story and help you make the judgement if the truck is real or not ..if you need a carfax pm me the vin number and Ill send it to ya..Im a used car dealer in Jersey.

SHOCKER
06-23-2004, 08:32 PM
i just got a 97' ram 1500 with a 5.9l v8, its a beast, i got a good deal, it has 84k miles on it and we looked at the manual and the guy before took very well care of it, all my friends and parents and everybody i have showed my truck to says its like brand new and it is like brand new, it has airbag rear suspension and a flow master muffler and a K&N and a nice shell with carpet in it and finally an nice bedliner, i would get it, it sounds like a great deal, dont worry your quad will fit with romm fora dirt bike on the side, we also have a 00' dakota 2wd magnum v8 5.9l and we had 2 mini quads in the bed, a heavy double tandem axle trailer with a 2 seater buggy and my Z plus a barbeque and all gear and cooloer, it pulled easily, my ram will tow 10,000, it sounds like a great deal ya got there it shold be perfect

440exnacsracer
06-23-2004, 09:46 PM
make SURE any truck your gonna buy has a blue oval on it somewhere with the word FORD written inside:D nah, but seriously, sounds like a killer deal on the dodge, i was the same way, got my truck last year as a 2001 model w/ 5K miles on it and spotless