PDA

View Full Version : Marcums 416 Kit

gojk
03-26-2002, 02:18 PM
I am going to get Marcums 416 kit done and I was wondering if you guys think that I should get it ported. I am wanting to get a carb soon but I don't know how soon I will be able to get it. Will it hurt to get it ported just knowin that I won't have a 39mm for a while?

VegasEx'r
03-26-2002, 02:37 PM
It certianly won't be a bad thing to port & polish the head right now, but I don't think you will really get the best 'bang for your buck' until you change the carb. I had this same question when I did my 416, & I decided not to do it only because of the cost. Had I had a little more money, I would have had the port work done. BTW, how do you like the yoshi slip-on/stock head pipe combo?

gojk
03-26-2002, 02:57 PM
Yes it is the combo yosh slip with stock head with the welds ground down, but I am going to get a powerbong pretty soon. Prob during the summer. Also has anyone had theirs dynoed after the kit was installed and what the HP gains where.

03-26-2002, 03:03 PM
This is kind of a ball park figure,,but with a modified airbox, correct jetting, free flowing exhaust, and the 416 kit w/cam your lookin at around 35-38 HP,,which is about 8 - 10 more over stock.

ChadEXer
03-26-2002, 03:41 PM
Its definatley worth it. I would reccomend you wait till you have the money to get it ported so you can have it done while its apart. Thats what i did. If you cant find a place to port it I can have it done for you for about $100. Give or take a little,,,but thats much, much better than most places!!!

gojk
03-26-2002, 04:26 PM
So it won't harm anything or I won't lose power if I get it done with the kit. Marcums quoted me a pretty good price on getting it done with the 416 kit so I think I will have him do it if you guys tell me that it will work and you already said it is worth it.:) ;)

ChadEXer
03-27-2002, 08:16 AM
Go for it!!

03-27-2002, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by gojk
I will have him do it if you guys tell me that it will work and you already said it is worth it.:) ;)

Oh it's worth it...send it off.